shipping

ARENA shipping a12

The Letter Before A

Cool Idiot
Jul 15, 2016
I think it's more about making a good map better.

When people provide feedback, they're not trying to critique your map to make you feel doubtful. They're providing feedback to help you continually better your map.
I think ill base my decisions on map changes based around playtesting.
I do have to admit as a slow class like soldier the map does seem to be pretty boring, but trust when you get a 9v9 on it, or even a 12v12 it gets really fun.

GooGuGajoob

L12: Pro-crastinator
Mar 28, 2014
I think ill base my decisions on map changes based around playtesting.
I do have to admit as a slow class like soldier the map does seem to be pretty boring, but trust when you get a 9v9 on it, or even a 12v12 it gets really fun.

I honestly feel pissed off like I just wasted my time sending my personal feedback and just got the response 'You don't really know that' and then 'nah, it'll be fine.' If you're not going to listen, I'd rather you didn't reply to me like you aren't appreciative to get any feedback outside of testing.

Goodluck with the map.

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
Did I ask you to?
How disrespectful.

We are a community built on sharing knowledge and helping each other improve our maps. By bringing your map here, you invite others to comment on and critique it. You're going to get feedback whether you want it or not. I suggest you acknowledge and appreciate the feedback that comes your way, or else you might find that people will be less willing to help you in the future.

The Letter Before A

Cool Idiot
Jul 15, 2016
How disrespectful.

We are a community built on sharing knowledge and helping each other improve our maps. By bringing your map here, you invite others to comment on and critique it. You're going to get feedback whether you want it or not. I suggest you acknowledge and appreciate the feedback that comes your way, or else you might find that people will be less willing to help you in the future.
I am totally willing to listen to feedback, It even made me fix a brush issue that he pointed out, along with sightlines. If I'm being so "disrespectful" by responding to someone's conniption fit about me saying that I'm not worried about height variation, then being "disrespectful" is not agreeing with everything someone says. I absolutely love feedback from others, but when it comes to gameplay I tend to lean towards testing rather than visual feedback. The only issue people had during testing was a kill trigger not filling and entire death pit, some obvious clipping issue, and how fast rounds were. Even with how fast rounds were in a 12v12 scenario people still were obviously having a lot of fun. At the end of the day this map is meant for 6v6 and "lacking height variation" means there is a ground level that a lot of gameplay takes place on.

The Letter Before A

Cool Idiot
Jul 15, 2016
I still think you should add height variation, at least in the warehouses that are owned by each team.
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine
God I'm lazy

radarhead

Basically? Kind of a Huge Mess
aa
Mar 6, 2013
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine
God I'm lazy
Imo the spawns should be on slightly higher ground to discourage spawncamping. Also, height variation with definitely make the walk between buildings a little less dull, and open up more room for neat detailing in beta.

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
... The only issue people had during testing was a kill trigger not filling and entire death pit, some obvious clipping issue, and how fast rounds were. Even with how fast rounds were in a 12v12 scenario people still were obviously having a lot of fun. At the end of the day this map is meant for 6v6 and "lacking height variation" means there is a ground level that a lot of gameplay takes place on.

Note: just because people don't say anything about a problem doesn't mean it isn't a problem. Really you should try be there and see how you feel playing the map yourself, and try scope out each area and how it feels when you play in it for real.

GooGuGajoob

L12: Pro-crastinator
Mar 28, 2014
Imo the spawns should be on slightly higher ground to discourage spawncamping.

You are aware this is arena yes? Spawn camping isn't really an issue, unless you mean players chilling in spawn. In that case, adding height variation to the spawn areas would cause a larger stalemate if going mid is exposing themselves at a height disadvantage...so I'm not really sure about that.

But Hey!
At least he's listening to you guys.

The Letter Before A

Cool Idiot
Jul 15, 2016
Note: just because people don't say anything about a problem doesn't mean it isn't a problem. Really you should try be there and see how you feel playing the map yourself, and try scope out each area and how it feels when you play in it for real.
Every time it has been tested I have been on, I have been on. It allowed me to notice how many people were taking a certain route, which allowed me to know how to nerf it.

Tuaam

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 26, 2015
R.I.P Shipping

EDIT: For reals since the guy got banned his work is lost forever

Last edited: