Shalldown Event

CP Shalldown Event A1_2

BigBang1112

L1: Registered
Oct 25, 2015
Shalldown Event - Domination CP map with open field, for the upcoming Halloween.

Shalldown1.jpg

So I started to make this map this Saturday I think, and this is its current state.
The map has the Event suffix, as I might remake this map for a normal environment I don't know. Better to have it there.

So, after few days, the map is actually kind of playable now. That's why I'm posting this download now, so I can know a bit more.

A lot of struggling to avoid op spots for sentries and snipers, an open field map is hard for sniper balancing. :/ But I think it should be just OK now.

This map is Domination CP with additional Merasmus at the end - so the points will lock after a team win or timer end to prevent capping when fighting Merasmus.
I'm aware of a gameplay bug - cp keeps capping after it's locked.
Also, the map results stalemate if the time runs out, even though the red has more checkpoints than blue for example. Should I do math comparing of checkpoints, would be that less confusing?

I hope the map isn't actually too confusing. A lot of bridges, base having quite a lot of doors... If you have any ideas, I appreciate it of course!

Also, the hole in the A will have a feature of healing for 30 seconds every 150 seconds, something like Helltower has.

squ1rrel

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 11, 2016
This certainly looks interesting! Look forward to play-testing it.

BigBang1112

Oct 25, 2015
I have a feeling that this map can offer more and that I shouldn't throw it away.
The thing I stopped making this were the falls which are really Pyro sided. Why not to push the ground a bit higher though? Yea, I think I'll give this a try once more.

BigBang1112

Oct 25, 2015
I have this map in the soft place of my heart. So in these weird times, I gave it a try to progress.
I figured out how to raise the ground a bit while keeping some of the falloffs.
Also added waterfall which could be a fun trap that will push you along to death.

However, the layout is kinda messy so that will require a bit of patience to sort before I can release another progress version. xd

Attachments

• new_shalldown.jpg
    new_shalldown.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 101