Saving the map

Laggy

L2: Junior Member
May 28, 2009
Okay works now thanks guys, can I make this just a thread for when I always need help i post here? so i lessen spam.

it's really really laggy (no pun intended) it gets choppy would a skybox fix that?

Laggy

L2: Junior Member
May 28, 2009
Is there a way to make walls that are H-shaped but with the top half filled (like a door way) or do i have to just make 3 boxes which makes it look bad because the textures don't align please and thanks for the info!

Vigilante212

L420: High Member
Dec 21, 2008
No laggy, but you can manually align textures or for easier use turn off the tl icon on the top command bar this will keep all the textures alligned. One issue with this is when you try to resize overlays youll want to lock the tl again.

botboyx3

L1: Registered
May 24, 2009
This is the best place I could find to post this:

I've complied my maps and no errors occur, but recently when I try to play test an updated version of one of my maps, it runs all of the compiling and then just gives me the old version of the map. Is this common and how do I get my map to update?

Shaar

L3: Junior Member<BR>toboruin
Aug 7, 2008
to me, that sounds like you've got brushes which can't be loaded up. try closing and reopening the map in hammer.