Sandstone

CP Sandstone B3

AlrexX [she/they]

do not forget your daily intake of booby pills
aa
Jul 31, 2019
Sandstone - A castle in the middle of the desert.

An attack/defend medieval map set in a fortified town somewhere in a desert (maybe middle east? Although the architecture doesn't exactly fit). In this map I mostly focused on the visuals, trying to combine medieval and egypt textures.

There's a lot of clipping I still need to do, so don't be surprised if you get stuck in a corner.

AlrexX [she/they]

aa
Jul 31, 2019
chopex updated Sandstone with a new update entry:

The return!

After 3 years, I have finally recovered this old map and decided to work on it to try to at least bring it to a decently finished state.

I feel like I've improved a lot since I started this map, but I still really like the deserty/medieval theme, which is why I'm really excited to be able to work on this again! Hopefully the map plays well enough as it is because I doubt it would be easy to make drastic layout changes at this stage, especially to the first couple cap points, which is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

AlrexX [she/they]

aa
Jul 31, 2019

AlrexX [she/they]

aa
Jul 31, 2019
AlrexX updated Sandstone with a new update entry:

No longer mid!

This update has been a long time coming, I just haven't been focusing on TF2 mapping for a while. Although the map was originally created with medieval mode in mind, after seeing some of the feedback last September I thought it would be fun to see if it would actually be better as a non-medieval map or not.

I've also been working on theming, trying to vary the architecture a bit more and adding more out-of-bounds areas to make the map feel more alive. Oh, and the deathpit next to A...​

AlrexX [she/they]

aa
Jul 31, 2019

one single respawn room trigger update

I fixed a misplaced respawnroom trigger for RED's first spawn room. That's all. Good job me.
descarga (2).jpg

AlrexX [she/they]

aa
Jul 31, 2019

Project put on indefinite hold (at least for now)

Since I've been focusing on Downstream instead of this map, and pretty much every playtest on this map has been a disaster, I'm going to stop working on it for now. I may return to it in a few months, but I honestly doubt it, since the map would probably require a full rework to be functional. I still appreciate this as a great learning experience, and hope to use everything I've learned from this map in my future projects.

Goodbye for now, Sandstone.​