1. On August 16th at 9pm CST, the site will be put in to read only mode for maintenance. Maintenance should not take longer than an hour.

Running through brushes

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by MrBlonde, May 18, 2016.

1. MrBlonde

MrBlonde L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Okay, I have been testing out may map and I run through some brushes. What causes that and how do I correct it?

2. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    Like, regular world brushes? Or func_brushes with their solidity set to not solid?

3. sooshey

aa sooshey :3c

Positive Ratings:
    If they are a world brush, you shouldn't be able to run through them unless you changed them to a func_brush and made them non-solid. By any chance do you mean a prop? Some props are non-solid, like the buildings from koth_king, because they're meant to be out-of-bounds.

4. MrBlonde

Positive Ratings:
    Hmmm.. That may be it. How do I check that?

5. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    Brushes usually only become non-solid when they are tied to an entity such as func_brush or func_respawnroomvisualizer, and are configured to be non-solid in their properties. World brushes, and func_details are always solid. When you find a brush that you can pass through, go and select it in Hammer, and see if it is tied to an entity, or is just a 'solid' or 'world brush'. Make sure the Object selection mode is selected, and not the Solid mode, on the toolbar that normally appears on the right side of the window.

Non-solid geometry can also be a result of a corrupt BSP, usually caused by dodgy source geometry in your VMF. It may help to delete and recreate the affected brushes.

If you are still struggling, it may help us if you provide some screenshots, and upload your BSP and VMF if you don't mind.

6. MrBlonde

Positive Ratings:
    No its definitely brushes

7. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    Maybe if you can, send the vmf with the wall in question

• Agree Agree x 2