RubbleYard

CTF RubbleYard A10

coWolves

L1: Registered
May 18, 2020
RubbleYard - Take a quick trip to the enemy base on intersecting paths with the enemy.

This is the first map Ive made, (technically second for experimentation). Been having lots of fun for this being my first time.

As you can see in the Blueprint, the offending teams will be forced to meet together regardless off whether or not they take the main strait forward rout or the second floor (bridge) they will meet for a fight. Beyond that point you will then struggle to beat the enemy's defenses and reach the Intel. Its not far and out in the open so its entirely up to the opposers to stop you.

Offending:
If you take the primary rout you will be lead directly to the enemy base where they will have both the high ground, and several buildings offering both sentry and sniper support (The price of such an easy rout).

By taking the second rout you have several options when offending. The path splits off into 3 routs. On the left you will have more cover but you are in a corner. Taking the right rout offers leads you to a open slope, in the field of view of snipers but gives you a nice wooden wall for cover and little fear of being corner peaked. By taking the cat walk as a engineer and sniper you will be led to a View attachment 124797 room only accessible via the way you came in, and the catwalk while wide out in the open dose offer snipers to counter the more fortified opponents. The room itself can make for a good teleporter room but be careful! The walls of that room are glass and leave you all to detectable to enemy's so be ready for a extermination team at any moment, there is no way out.

Defending:
The main routs not difficult, laying down some sentry's and taking advantage off the high ground is easy. Besides that you have the giant rolling shudder shielding you from the enemy's sight line making it easy to catch them off guard.

As for the second story rout, high ground is still probably on your side and more than anything should encourage engineers to take a step from spawn to hold the enemy's back from picking a rout of their choosing.
Taking control of the bridge will also immensely help in halting the enemy's advances, off course however you are in the intersection of both routs which the enemy must break past and your out in the open so be careful.

Final notes:
So as said before, I'm still a noob at this kind of thing, this is my first upload and I'm hoping to obtain some lessons and feed back that will help me in designing maps later on down the road.

Also, If you had any ideas for what the name of the map could be, that would be greatly appreciated. RubbleYard doesn't make any sense but it's the best Ive got so far.

coWolves

May 18, 2020
In each of the main spawn rooms there is some slight elevation, large enough that you will need to jump over it. I'd like to say I forgot about it, but I kinda neglected to add some ramps leading up to it. Just a minor quality of life fix, that's all honestly.

Read the rest of this update entry...

coWolves

May 18, 2020
In each of the main spawn rooms there is some slight elevation, large enough that you will need to jump over it. I'd like to say I forgot about it, but I kinda neglected to add some ramps leading up to it. Just a minor quality of life fix, that's all honestly.

coWolves

May 18, 2020
Title should say it all, a new rout has been added that will take lead you to flanking defenses.
New Hall.jpg
(note the camera is facing towards the entrance of that rout)
As I originally theorized it was pretty easy to control mid with a sentry gun, In respond to this I have removed the ammo pack next to the bridge and opened up a rout to get past the bridge.
Some people complained that the two spawn rooms were pointlessly close to each other, so I had them roughly merged. (The purpose is to help counter spawn camping).
Environmental lighting was also fixed, (I miss-typed the pitch to be .37 rather than -37 degrees).

coWolves

May 18, 2020
The only difference between this version and the last is as said in the title, the exit ramp for the new flank rout intended to enable players to pass the mid-fight has been removed.
Theoretically this should enable the flank rout to remain useful as a ticket past enemy lines should there be a stalemate. But it is off no use for getting away from enemy lines as the ramp leading up to it is no longer present.

BASICALLY what this means is that you have to approach the mid flank rout from one direction and trying to go around the way will not work, forcing you to use it as a get into enemy lines but not out type of deal.Rout B Flank Rout.jpg

coWolves

May 18, 2020
*Re-located flag
So some people were complaining that the Intel was too close to spawn. (It was basically right on the spawn room's door step.) So I figured I would try moving it into a underground bunker for a change. Its still deep in the enemy base but the enterences to the bunker are a short walking distance away from spawn. I just thought I would give this a try.

*Removed side rout
The new side rout introduced in version Alpha 3 didn't work out. First off almost nobody used it. Second, it was pointless and made the map UN-necisaryly complicated.

*Small adjustments
Raised the indoor ceiling a little bit.
Added a couple barricades on both ends of the bridge.
Removed physical contract from light props.

coWolves

May 18, 2020
So there is officially a pattern in the way I do things. Ill make lots of major changes in something a version. I test it, decide I'm happy with it, but after uploading it I will immidiently realize there is a small, annoying mistake. So I have to create an entire new version just to cover up for that mistake. Quite frustrating...

Any way, the typical small changes I have made this time are:
*Raised the ceiling of the main building just a smidge.
*Widened up the stairways (ramps) leading down into the bunker. Or basement if you will.

coWolves

May 18, 2020
*Replaced the 2nd spawn room with a small building that gives invaders direct access to the high ground.
*Reduced the return time of the flag from 60s to 15s
*Moved the ammo pack on the second route to the side of the staircase at mid.20200601232420_1.jpg