Robots walking off cliff

Yabayabayaba

L5: Dapper Member
Jun 2, 2016
I have a cliff with a walkway above it, and the robot run off the edge every single time, even though there are two nav_avoids, one over the hole, the other over the bridge. I am using the pop file from mvm_example

help please? Screenshots bellow
mvm_a10000.jpg
mvm_a10002.jpg
help.PNG

Attachments

• mvm_a10001.jpg
    mvm_a10001.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 93

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
Are you preventing the bots from reaching the exit at all by having no remaining paths they can take that dont have an avoid? If so, bots will ignore the avoid and continue anyway. They always need 1 valid path.

The only effective way to block them without ever letting them through is a respawnroom visualizer, this actualy behaves as a wall and realy denies them from walking further. And yes, they can be enabled/disabled although you must refresh the nav at runtime (yes, there is an entity that can refresh nav info, look in rottenburg for an example as thats how the barricade is made).

Yabayabayaba

Jun 2, 2016
help2.PNG

The path to the right of it is larger and only slightly longer (most robots coming from left). None of my other nav_avoids work either. prehaps is has to do with mvm_example.pop? I don't understand the tag system with bots, so it may have to do with that

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Check the navmesh. Bot stupidity can usually be traced to a broken navmesh.

Yabayabayaba

Jun 2, 2016
fixed it, i made all these changes, and then never regenerated the nav mesh, so I was still using the old one:D. Well lesson learned.