[release] Cp_broma_b4

Discussion in 'WIP (Work in Progress)' started by CoKie, Mar 29, 2008.

1. CoKie

CoKie L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    hi guys,

today ive finished beta4 of my actual mapping project called "cp_broma".

>>download<<

please bring me feedback!
    -------------------------
    info@cokielores.net
    -------------------------

greets!
    CoKie

screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Spike

Spike L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    wow, looks amazing

3. Paria

Paria L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    uploading to my server to give it a run through, seems your having a horrible time balancing the cap points - judging by the changes to the layout i see in each release :)

4. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    you're lighting looks really uneven, are you using a light_environment or a whole load of light entities?

5. Vander

Vander L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Looks great man! Lighting does appear to be inconsistent, but overall great effort!

6. Snipergen

Snipergen L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    This is one of the few maps I've downloaded to test on my own to see how it looked.
    Looks very very good imho!

7. Paria

Paria L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    ok just played it on a 24 man server - and it stayed full till the end so there is nothing glaringly bad :)

The few points the people raised - the main complaint was the area after point B - the main route leads you directly past the red respawn - blue engys seemed to like B as a spot for safe telporters so there was a constant flow of players fighting outside and around the red spawn - even if trying to get to c from there you end up spawn camping the red team :) - in the end i went engy and set up a new position to actually make a few players attack from a different angle :) - but really if you look at gravelpit - if you are outside the red spawn - either you are intentionally trying to spawn camp - or you are there for a quick blow up teleporter entrance spree :)

At point A the building to the far side of the inclined hill - start of the blu attack zone - is never used - in 4 games i never saw 1 player even come close to going in there - the quickest route to A up the ramp was the only way any player took - if you want the building used maybe shift the large healthpack over to there to give some incentive to go there.

Inside the mine tunnels there is 1 doorway with something wrong going on it - it almosts feels as though you have bumped into a spy - is there some playerclip in there that blocking the path ?

and point C seemed to be ok - apart from the constant flow of players that were coming from B and fighitng near the spawn, theres a couple of areas at C that soldiers can acesss - the roofs of the pointy building - and the pipes on the sides - not sure if the pipes are as you desired but its a pretty imba position once your up there :)

overall though we had some really good games on there - i think we held of 1 attack losing 1 cap zone only, and the last game ended up in an overtime which went on for about 40 seconds with blu eventaully winning - so it made for some pretty good gaming :)

8. CoKie

CoKie L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    first, thanks for your replys and feeedback!

>>its a mix of every known (to me) lightsource available, an light environment for the basic lightning is in there, indeed. beta5 will have a bit less afternoon atmosphere

thats right, the balancing is like walking a tightrope, for beta5, i got some minor changes planned that could change the whole gameplay, so its a bit experimental but the final result is what counts i think :)

for beta5 im just enforcing a relocation of the hotspot between the route from b to c, further what im planning should prevent from spawnkilling at spawnroom team red, i hope practice is like theory..

this occurence didnt attract my attention yet, i will work on this for beta5.

it is the displacement that was buggy there, its fixed till beta5

seems to cry for more playerclips! :closedeyes: :)

9. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    This really looks like Valve quality. I'll download and give it a run. The only thing that stands out is in the first pic; those 2 gray pipes on the right end in mid-air w/out connecting to anything. I love how you can easily distinguish the segments of each building. I always have trouble with that, and it's the aspect I admire most from the Valve maps. Very good work m8 :)

10. dirtyminuth

dirtyminuth L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Looks good; you might consider playtesting b4 for Gamenight this April 5-6. Go here for more information.

Also, you've pseudo-implemented an idea I had for my contest map. Argh!

11. Pseudo

Pseudo L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Very good layout and design. There might be too much health pickups though. Maybe use the medium pickups more instead of the full ones?