rampage_devforts

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Which was based on the sport in real life.

captainAngry

L420: High Member
Feb 1, 2009

Tested your map last night. It seemed to play well and after the first couple rounds it seemed everyone knew what they were supposed to be doing.

One thing that was kind of odd was that you could get on the walls on the side and back of the base, but you couldn't get on top of the base. It is really odd to not have anything over your head and looking at someone who is on the wall behind your base, but not be able to get up there without leaving the base and going around.

By the fourth round people realized you could just stand in your own base and shoot the computers all the way accross the map. It that that there should be a little more cover in the middle to make it so that the other team has to stand outside their base to have a clear shot down the middle.

Once you have a couple soldiers and heavys shooting at the center of your base across the map there really isn't a whole lot you can do to protect it and it turns into a match of who can rocket spam the fastest. Splitting up the computers would help this. If you spread them out along the back wall the other team would have to break more of the base in order ot have a clear shot accross the map.

All in all I liked the map and it got pretty decent ratings. Once you finish detailing everything you should be in pretty good shape.

Last edited:

Penguin

aa
May 21, 2009

Tested your map last night. It seemed to play well and after the first couple rounds it seemed everyone knew what they were supposed to be doing.

One thing that was kind of odd was that you could get on the walls on the side and back of the base, but you couldn't get on top of the base. It is really odd to not have anything over your head and looking at someone who is on the wall behind your base, but not be able to get up there without leaving the base and going around.

By the fourth round people realized you could just stand in your own base and shoot the computers all the way accross the map. It that that there should be a little more cover in the middle to make it so that the other team has to stand outside their base to have a clear shot down the middle.

Once you have a couple soldiers and heavys shooting at the center of your base across the map there really isn't a whole lot you can do to protect it and it turns into a match of who can rocket spam the fastest. Splitting up the computers would help this. If you spread them out along the back wall the other team would have to break more of the base in order ot have a clear shot accross the map.

All in all I liked the map and it got pretty decent ratings. Once you finish detailing everything you should be in pretty good shape.

Interesting. The playerclip atop the base was a suggestion that I followed up with after realizing you could get a demo or soldier up there and they'd become unstoppable.

As far as splitting up the computers goes, it has been suggested, but I fear that it would become incredibly hard to defend, and could result in losing instantly. As it stands, this goes linearly.

I could certainly add more cover, but I thought the fence across the bridge was sufficent.

Jonah: GBive me suggestions! Nothing is set in stone! If you have a better idea regarding the layout, please, lay it on me!

Jamini

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 14, 2008
People can shoot rockets through the rails in the fence of the bridge pretty easily.

Penguin

aa
May 21, 2009
I am considering replacing the bridge with a hill to stop this, or prehaps I will flesh out the base to allow for a less simple method of rocketspamming.

Sikyanakotik

L1: Registered
Aug 1, 2008
Considering how much of your ammunition has to be spent not only killing the enemy, but used against the walls, shields, and computers, it seems inadequate to have only the two ammo packs in the middle. More ammunition, especially inside the bases, would definitely be welcome.

Also, I'll echo the sentiment that the fence is inadequate cover. Even with most of the bases blown apart, I think it'd play better if a player has to cross the midpoint of the map, or at least near the midpoint and off to the side, before he can start attacking the objective. Replacing the fences with a solid, indestructible barrier, high enough that you can't shoot the shields over it after destroying the right wall section, would help.

Finally, I think the shields themselves have too many hitpoints. It takes a Soldier ten rockets to take them down, which doesn't leave much ammo left to actually attack the computers. It should be fairly easy to damage an undefended computer bank, and not require running back to the middle for more ammo. I'd like to see the shields' (but not the computers') hit points halved. You could reduce the time to reraise the shields a bit if you feel this would make destroying the computers too easy. (The shield cap is a great mechanic, by the way.)

In general, this map and gamemode are really starting to take shape. I think you're on to something fun and unique here.

captainAngry

L420: High Member
Feb 1, 2009
If you don't want people on the roof, you need to not let them on the walls next to the roof either. It's just confusing.

We didn't have any ammo problems. I always died before I ran out of rockets.

The shield HP is fine because it cannot be repaired until it is broken completely. It isn't really realistic for a soldier to be able to stand there and shoot 10 rockets at the shield and then 10 more on the computers without being blown to bits.

You should not change the shield times because someone thinks you should be able to complete the objective in one life. From playing last night, I can't even imagine being able to hit the shield 10 times as a soldier in one life and we didn't have any problems with it taking too long to break the shield.

Last edited:

Penguin

aa
May 21, 2009
Danke, gentlemen.

These thoughts will be considered in detail for b11!