radiation

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by VelvetFistIronGlove, May 30, 2009.

1. VelvetFistIronGlove

aa VelvetFistIronGlove

Positive Ratings:
    Announcing cp_radiation! This is a development of my work on my central capture point contest entry, which wasn't completed in time to submit for the contest. So I decided to develop it into a full CP map. I'll also be reusing some of the work I did on cp_siege, since I ran very much out of steam on that, but the first stage was very well received and played well.

Edit: I've added screenshots of the point. This is a fully playable map, but only consists of capture point 4, as I'd like to do some testing of the layout here.

I've also written a blog post with a little more detail about the inspiration for cp_radiation, as well as screenshots of the unreleased work on cp_siege and my cap point contest (non)entry: Read it here

v2: fixes the blu setup gates not working correctly, red not being able to win, and adds nobuild to prevent massive sentry spawncamping by red.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  2. Void

aa Void Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say

Positive Ratings:
    Pics or it never happened. :p

3. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Its about time somebody made pictures compulsory for map threads

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. DaFatCat

DaFatCat L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Pictures are the most important thing dammit!

5. TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    I had always wondered what happened to siege. It'll be nice to see part of it living on in this project :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. VelvetFistIronGlove

aa VelvetFistIronGlove

Positive Ratings:
  7. captainAngry

captainAngry L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. VelvetFistIronGlove

aa VelvetFistIronGlove

Positive Ratings:
    Had a bit of a playtest with the calculatedChaos guys, which showed up a couple of noob mistakes D: and a little bit of susceptibility to spawn-camping.

v2 fixes the blu setup gates not working correctly, red not being able to win, and adds nobuild to prevent massive sentry spawncamping by red.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  9. captainAngry

captainAngry L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    We're still on v1 on our server since I didn't notice it got updated. I'll make sure to grab the latest before our next playTest. v1 got played again last night. I wasn't around for the test but we did record a demo.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009