[Question] Overtime

lamelikemike

L1: Registered
Apr 12, 2008
Ok, i know that Overtime is something that is controlled by a server, but my question is this.

Can you set specific entities to only activate during overtime?,

for instance, doors that would make a fairly closed off building wide open during overtime.

i have some new/interesting ideas for some maps but i am very new to hammer/mapping. also im a bit limited on when i can work until this school year is over.

thanks.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
In theory I would imagine just having the timer trigger something when it reaches zero would work. It would trigger even if it's not overtime... but that means the game is over so it wouldn't matter anyway.

The only issue with this would be if you need them to close again if the overtime is successful and the game is extended. However depending on what you need I'm sure various workaround could be developed.

lamelikemike

L1: Registered
Apr 12, 2008
it would be put in place to force a winner, not allowing a game to go to draw if it goes to OT. hopefully it will be realized in my map in the next year and i wont have to be so secretive lol.

HojoTheGreat

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 11, 2008
If I were you I'd run a quick test map with the most basic entities and, say, a door, and try triggering it specifically for OT. I'd agree with Boojum, who's more of authority for entities anyway heh, but definitely test first.