question about converting

Meatball

L1: Registered
Oct 18, 2018
Is it possible to turn a source filmmaker map(.bsp) into a .vmf file that can be edited by hammer?

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
If you use BSPsrc, you should be able to decompile the BSP into a VMF

Meatball

Oct 18, 2018
If you use BSPsrc, you should be able to decompile the BSP into a VMF

I did but when i put it in hammer it says "Failed to load the default scheme file. The map views may be missing some visual elements." then the loading progress stuck at 5%, eventually close itself

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
I did but when i put it in hammer it says "Failed to load the default scheme file. The map views may be missing some visual elements." then the loading progress stuck at 5%, eventually close itself
That sounds like an issue with hammer itself, stemming from the use of Source SDK to open it. Instead use the copy of hammer.exe found in /team fortress 2/bin/

Meatball

Oct 18, 2018
That sounds like an issue with hammer itself, stemming from the use of Source SDK to open it. Instead use the copy of hammer.exe found in /team fortress 2/bin/

after i pressed run map it starts the game but i can't enter the map becuase it says i am not connected to steam...

DrSquishy

aa
Feb 10, 2017
after i pressed run map it starts the game but i can't enter the map becuase it says i am not connected to steam...
Launch the game from steam and open it from the console then

FloofCollie

I really suck!
aa
Nov 5, 2016
I'm pretty sure you just need to have Steam running in the background while the map is loading.