Progressive Spawn

flam5

L1: Registered
Mar 29, 2008
Alright, I'm trying to implement a progressive spawn in my 5 point Attack/Defend map. This is not multi-staged.

There is only going to be one moving spawn point for blue (and one regressive spawn for red, but I'll try to figure that out after I get the Blue spawn figured out). Blue should have their spawn points moved forward after control_point_2.

This is not working for me though. If I capture the 2nd point, and change class or explode/kill myself, I'll respawn at the initial spawn site (Spawn A, for ease of conversation) rather than the new spawn area (Spawn B for ease of conversation).

What I've tried:

All spawn points in Spawn B have "associated capture point: control_point_2", where control_point2 is the name of the second team_control_point entity. In the outputs of control_point_2, I disabled all initial spawn points in Spawn A on the event OnCapTeam2. I still respawn at these points despite that I've "disabled" them. Other outputs on this control point are working fine, such as the addition of time and unlocking the doors to this spawn point.

What am I doing wrong? Am I completely missing something here? Theres got to be a better/cleaner way to get this done and working correctly.

Last edited:

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
As I suggested last night in chat, you could have a sixth initial CP that is hidden and invisible on the hud. This would be control_point_0, would be owned by blue initially, and all original spawns would be set to be associated with that control point. This would eliminate the need for any disable outputs.

Another thing you could try if you still want to go with disabling, is add a small delay, such as 0.1, to your disable outputs. That way you can avoid conflicts with any automatic enabling/disabling that happens when a point is capped.

flam5

L1: Registered
Mar 29, 2008
Just tried this and it didn't work for me. I added a team_control_point entity, named it control_point_0, but gave it the index of 5 because my other points have index range of 0-4, made the default owner Blue and changed all Spawn A points to associated control point - control_point_0.

First, I couldn't even capture the REAL first control point, I have no idea why, but I had to add "required control point = control_point_0" for it to be unlocked and able to be capped. The HUD icon for the new point still showed on the screen, but I didn't worry about that unless this method worked. I captured both points and it didnt' work on respawn. I still spawned in Spawn A.

I'm going to try to make a separate test map/box and toy around with this because its really grinding my gears.

Edit:

I just started from scratch. I ended up deleting all the blue spawn points and manually placing each one and trying the disable/enable event on the second cap. It works now. I think something may have been screwy because I previously cut & pasted all the spawn points and simply changed their names after wards. I simply have 32 outputs to put on the second cap and the forward/progressive spawn works like a charm :)

Last edited: