[PLR] Everglades

PLR [PLR] Everglades A1

Heili

L3: Member
Jul 21, 2016
Florida's Deep South
thumbnail01.jpg
Trench into Florida's wetlands and surround yourself with marsh, mud, and alligators! RED and BLU have setup operations in the deep south to mine oil from the Everglades, except national reservation laws prevent them from accessing a lake's deposit. Whoever bombs the lake first gets to mine all the oil!
-
Being my first PLR map, this map's first version begins with one stage. I rather create one good stage and see what works than to create 3 poorly designed stages. I also deliberately kept detailing to a minimal so that the community can help decide what gets changed. This is made for the payload checklist contest.

Download's actually broken right now, not everything packed somehow.

double_doors.jpg

red_base.jpg

Last edited:

TheMightyGerbil

L2: Junior Member
Dec 23, 2012
Sorry to say it appears the custom textures on the gates were not packed. Either you have a leak or the skybox wasn't packed as well because it's a hall of mirror horizon. Just a friendly FYI :) .

Heili

Jul 21, 2016
Yes, I already mentioned the download is broken, I need to get around to packing it manually.

TheMightyGerbil

L2: Junior Member
Dec 23, 2012
Yes, I already mentioned the download is broken, I need to get around to packing it manually.

Oh sorry. I go through the maps posted on TF2maps every week for possible play on my server. Between that, running through the maps for testing and uploading it takes hours so I tend to not read everything XD.

Heili

Jul 21, 2016
I used VIDE for all my other maps, just oddly it didn't pick up the autumnal holograms and Fever skybox inside the custom folder. It just annoyed me having to put off the first alpha. Not only that, but apparently VIDE just doesn't pick up custom particles even when the .gcf is packed in manually. I heard compilepal will pack custom particles, so I want to learn that and add a new stage to make up for the trouble.