pl_hoodoo [Final release]

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
OK guys, finally final! I've spend a huge amount of time on this and I'm really glad to be able to stop tinkering and say it’s done.

Some stats about the map:

Time taken from start to finish: 9 months
Hours clocked up: 1000+
Versions released: 11 (with three additional private showcases of each stage partway through development)
Filesize: 95.6MB
Bz2 filesize: 39.2MB
Brushes: 7595
Custom files: 115
Unique textures: 130
Final compile time: 1h 1m ~30s

Huge thanks to everyone who has helped along the way, all those who've provided feedback, answered questions, run it on their servers, asked questions, made content for me, and a special thanks to Valve for making this awesome game in the first place.

So without further ado, the download links -
http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=526
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/62351

Enjoy it! :thumbup1:

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
Lets hope your map gets added in the new community pack =)
Now go get halfacre out there!

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Congratulations on finishing this great piece of work.

And holy crap, I got the 1000th download!

Last edited:

HojoTheGreat

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 11, 2008
I just added Hoodoo to the MaxPC/PCG server rotation and it was an immediate hit! Since you can never praise an artist enough I felt obligated to let you know, and thank you for an outstanding map that feels and plays like an official map (if not better in ways) :). So cheers, and here's hoping we'll find it in the next update.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Thanks, I really should take [WIP] out of the thread title too... since it isn't anymore.

/does that now

Zanpa

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 17, 2009
Great work :)

Since my favourite server runs this map, I wonder where I can can find an icon for the "Quick List" server browser ?

(You should have released it a few days later, so you could have included it in the final package ^^ )

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
(You should have released it a few days later, so you could have included it in the final package ^^ )

Had I known it was going to be an option I would have believe me.

I'll upload a .res and the apropriate files in just a moment, they'll be separate from the map download but at least they'll be available for those that want them.

(considering getting loads of already published custom maps and taking screenshots for them and releasing a menu thumb pack - would anyone go for that?)

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
(considering getting loads of already published custom maps and taking screenshots for them and releasing a menu thumb pack - would anyone go for that?)

Yes i would go for that.
Maybe than i might start using the quicklist icons. D:

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
I wouldn't mind helping out if we started making a thumbpack. I'd probably enjoy it, too.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Lets move this into a new thread and start compiling a list of old maps, I'll email vilepickle and see if he wants to make his own and have them distributed with our pack since if we have his maps in it we've already got a dozen maps.

NoHeroes

L2: Junior Member
Oct 16, 2008