Updated, Alpha 9 released.

3344379596_e1f2045b46_o.jpg

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
Had a quick run-around with you and found a few problems:

The end of this model is showing.
pl_borax_a90001.jpg

You can see the edge of a displacement here.
pl_borax_a90002.jpg

Some fade distance problems:
pl_borax_a90003.jpg

pl_borax_a90004.jpg

pl_borax_a90008.jpg

pl_borax_a90009.jpg

Some miplaced displacements and models

pl_borax_a90006.jpg

pl_borax_a90007.jpg

This is a very dark rock

pl_borax_a90010.jpg

Isn't this a bit messy?

pl_borax_a90017.jpg

And finally, I can just walk in midair if you stand close to the edge of this building.

pl_borax_a90005.jpg

Hoped this helps.

kankle_king

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 31, 2009
I don't know if I posted this in the other thread, but you need to move the 2nd spawn back or change it somehow. The spawn times are fine, but its going to be impossible to cap that point when the defending team spawns and walks directly out to the point. Its too beefy of a defensive choke for the 2nd point, (close spawn, BIG height advantage, flanking routes) it needs to be easier to cap that early in the stage so we can play the rest of the map. It also makes it too easy to camp and turtle, considering you can get full resupply a step away. It also felt at times the defense had too much of an advantage overall, give the attackers something to help the push. All in all, spawn placement aside, an excellent map and would def play again if the spawn was moved.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
A big help for BLU by the second cap would be to improve the shortcut. Firstly, make it easier to see - move the sign so that you can see it when you come out of spawn, not when you're halfway along the other route.

Seems like RED can camp the shortcut really easily. It should be harder for them to get there, somehow... Or BLU should have more of an advantage when they're coming out, like better height or something.

RED's spawn should definitely NOT be right next to the point. You should move it up a bit. Not far, but at least it shouldn't be directly facing the point.

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
[AoC] would really love to give you map a comp playtest. Please check this out.

Steam me (steam id: b_Mar_d) if your interested.

Fearlezz

L10: Glamorous Member
May 4, 2008
[AoC] would really love to give you map a comp playtest. Please check this out.

Steam me (steam id: b_Mar_d) if your interested.

Yeah, seen that. I dont like it that you have to be on ventrilo. Sorry.

Made a cool new vid for everyone to see the new custom cinematic explosion. Thanks Jive turkey

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlXZLxMCW-M&fmt=18"]Payload Borax - Custom Cinematic Explosion[/ame]

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
WOW, now that's an explosion!

It looks really nice and suits the way the bomb is used to blow the the rocket up.

Dustoxx

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 9, 2009
Holy shit, that is just awesome!

I have no other words for it, good work!:D

NovaSilisko

L42: Life, the Universe and Everything
aa
Feb 3, 2009
I fucking came.

frothy

L2: Junior Member
Mar 3, 2009
JUST saw the explosion video over at the Steam Users' Forums. I remembered seeing the name Borax, so I had to come over here and give you some props for an awesome map and an amazing explosion. It definitely helps this map stand out. Keep up the good work, this one will be a good addition to my server.

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
I saw pl_borax's explosion, and I JIZZED IN PANTS! :eek:hmy:

Mar

Banned
Feb 12, 2009
I thought of that, but I still jizzed in my pants. It's like having sex with a hooker. You're having fun, and there is a sweet finish, but then you realize that you just got STD's.

Not_Yet

L1: Registered
Mar 8, 2009
The last six people... wow just wow. None of you see the fatal flaw of the rocket?? It looks like it was made of concrete. That means not so good.
Sure the fact its a new explosion is cool, but it doesn't look good at all, it needs wires and electronics and coolant tanks and engine debris, not lumps of concrete, flying all over the place.

I just like it :closedeyes:

mtv22

L3: Member
Feb 28, 2009
The last six people... wow just wow. None of you see the fatal flaw of the rocket?? It looks like it was made of concrete. That means not so good.
Sure the fact its a new explosion is cool, but it doesn't look good at all, it needs wires and electronics and coolant tanks and engine debris, not lumps of concrete, flying all over the place.

And I always thought you were a well-respected person. There's even fire coming out of the gas nozzle as it's flying through the air!

Rasputin

L3: Member
Sep 20, 2008
Finally, after a long, hard battle. The BLU team have managed to push the cart to the enemies' base. It has been a painful road but finally they have succeed and are now allowed to watch, as their labor comes to fruition and they may finally see the destruction of their one goal. The bomb is launched into the air, and a satisfying boom is heard throughout the desert. The BLUs look up to see the sad sobbing faces of the remaining REDs but are startled when they see cool almost happy faces. The BLUs look down and to their horror, they see fragments of concrete at their feet. Another loud boom is heard and all look up to see the true, concealed rocket blast forth into the sunset. It has been a sad day for BLUs world wide.

By the way, really nice explosion there. The flying gas pump does look really sweet.

Last edited:

Uriak

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Apr 27, 2008
Very cool end round effect :) The more I think of the rigidity and limits of the game engine, the more I do appreciate the job done.