PIPEBALL Pipeball Classic

T

The Asylum

Perhaps you may be wondering what spurred me to remake the old crappy Pipeball map in the first place- especially after my first attempt, the Hindenburg-level of horrifying disaster that was Super Pipeball.

Well.

A few years ago it came to my attention that no other than ETF2L was entertaining the idea of a Pipeball Cup. Pipeball, as I'm sure you can imagine, is likely to be one of the last maps on the Caters-To-Serious-Competive-Players list. Poking my nose into their forums briefly, an idea was expressed for a re-release more geared towards small team competitive play, with nothing but Black Balls. I obliged, and gave them a very special Pipeball Championship Edition. Pipeball, it seemed, had found a benign cult following. Maybe thats why I decided to lash together Pipeball Classic- something so (bewilderingly) enjoyable should at least look good.

Fast forward to yesterday, the gents on the calculatedChaos funServer clamored for the same thing. And that got me thinking. Me thinking, as you may know by now, usually leads to more madness.

I got thinking of another Pipeball map. With minor changes to the layout, of course, along with all Black Ball mayhem. But the catch is, players won't be able to damage each other with some of their weapons. My current line of thinking is letting only melee weapons kill players. This encourages a calculated, technical team effort, instead of just SPAM SPAM SPAM. (Of course, there's also a pipeball_2.vmf in my mapsrc, but that is likely never to see the light of day again. If you thought Super Pipeball was gigantic, hoo boy. HOO boy!)

T

The Asylum

WE-WISE FWOM YOUR GRAVE

[deleted]

So during my sabbatical, an update apparently broke all phys maps. This update includes a CFG that bypasses this issue, and fixes the dumb new weapon/ammo drop issue from the Gun Mettle update.

also this

J55aDDP.jpg

Did anyone notice that the bottles on the desks were actually floating in midair? This update fixes that too. Because I knew. I KNEW.

Last edited by a moderator: