Pipe Balle

PIPEBALL Pipe Balle RC2

T

The Asylum

old thread

The Asylum submitted a new resource:

Pipe Balle - Ye Olde Time Game of Balles and Pipes

Ho! NEW AND EXCITING! Tis a new build of Pipe Balle, B3!

One morn I awoke
from my royal slumber
to roars and cheers
t'were they as thunder

To my window I took
and saw quite a scene;
Strange men in my court
in garb most obscene

Half them robed red,
the other half blue,
fighting and killing
to push a rock into

Two holes in my court,
one each for an end,
with fence and wall
erect to append;

There below my sill,
a squire stood about,
there i leaned forth and
then i did shout...

Behold now, and attend my words! Forsooth, I bear good news, for Pipe Balle, ancient game of yore, rises forth again anon! Asylum, our baron of all things wod, decreed forthwith for Pipe Balle to fetlen, crafted to its former glory!

.... so yeah, Pipe Balle is getting an update after like 10 years or something, mostly just to fix the Lava Ball not setting people on fire anymore.

20220902213505_1.jpg

And also to properly decorate the spawnroom entrances. The tapestries are no longer magical floating fabrics!

CHANGES FROM b2
- Fixed the Lava Ball not keeping players it touches on fire
- Fixed issues with the braziers not reliably setting the Sniper's arrows on fire
- other stuff idk

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Asylum

So apparently the EU server got to play this long before my first night off in awhile, and things went pretty good without me there to explain things. Some things:

- Resupply room tapestries being too big and hiding Snipers. Yeah, I don't know about that one. It's medieval mode, Snipers are going to be OP in any situation. Valve's okay with it, so I am too.

- Respawn times being too long. Yeah, you've made a convincing argument. I think 9 or 8 for next build

- "Hot Ball," "Spicy Ball," lmao I love it

Now with the "Spicy Ball" finally fixed, I think all that remains is making things look prettier- especially the spawnrooms. And then I think we're finally done!

.... until I make Pipe Balle Ultra

xfddddddd jk thats never happening. You're welcome.

T

The Asylum

WE'RE IN RC1!!

...well, not releasable RC1, but making everything prettier and smoother.

20220925011421_1.jpg

Starting on the backrooms first. The loneliest little anvils now have a proper smithy shop!

20220925011457_1.jpg

LOOKIT THE CUTEST WIDDLE GRINDSTONE

And yes, the forge will set you on fire if you jump into it. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

20220925011832_1.jpg

The sidewall that the ball launches into now has an additional log on it, so it'll be impossible for the cannon to overshoot it. Also, the spawnrooms now have a little lip on the bottom, to help keep the ball from being accidentally reset.

20220925011903_1.jpg

And here's BLU's goal, now with a tar bucket to go along with the feathers bucket. Just in case it wasn't 100% clear what that whole deal was. Done me some additional playerclipping, respawn wave time is chopped down to 8.

Once I call it a day and release the final build, I guess I have to stop putting off trying to get a HUD score display working for Pipeball Ultra.

T

The Asylum

The Asylum updated Pipe Balle with a new update entry:

RC1

CHANGES FROM B3
- Added extra log to the "catching" side of the rink. No more balls having to be re-re-re-re-re-served
- Fixed some clipping issues
- Made the tapestries in front of the spawns semitransparent
- Prettied up the spawnrooms and backrooms
- Added a little ramp in the spawnroom exits. To keep the ball from rolling in so easily? Sure, we'll go with that. Don't "trip" on your way out... *wink wink*

Read the rest of this update entry...

T

The Asylum

o h h e c c

20221015203818_1.jpg

So yeah no more rushing out blind anymore

20221015203837_1.jpg
20221015203853_1.jpg
20221015203909_1.jpg
20221015203924_1.jpg

Spytech, in MY medieval maps? It's more canon than you think!

PIPE BALLE RC1 FUCK YEAH!

CHANGES FROM B3
- Added extra log to the "catching" side of the rink. No more balls having to be re-re-re-re-re-served
- Fixed some clipping issues
- Made the tapestries in front of the spawns semitransparent
- Prettied up the spawnrooms and backrooms
- Added a little ramp in the spawnroom exits. To keep the ball from rolling in so easily? Sure, we'll go with that. Don't "trip" on your way out... *wink wink*
- other stuff like shit i dunno man fuck