Particle Conundrums

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Dr. KillPatient, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Dr. KillPatient

Dr. KillPatient L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've been working on some custom snow particles, and can't seem to figure out these two functions:

1. Get particles to delete once they hit a brush/model
    2. Get particles to have trails (I did see Trail random but I can't seem to get it to work)

If anyone has an idea as to what to do, be so kind as to bestow thine knowledge upon me.

2. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    No. I couldn't tell you where the feature is but I can tell you that doing this with precipitation is bad. Too much calculating going on.

3. Dr. KillPatient

Dr. KillPatient L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Then I assume it's just better to have them kill after a few seconds? Just have to find out which decay time fits my map height...

4. Firest0rm

Firest0rm L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    ahh you poor tf2 particle people... l4d2 is sooo much better for particles...

anyway, in l4d2 there is a clearly marked option for killing particles when they hit something, try searching some more. if that doesn't work ask the person who made the weather effects with collisions how he did it, and unless it's a closely guarded trade secret he'll probably tell you