KotH Osiris

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Zeigh, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Zeigh

Zeigh L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hi all. Started learning to use Hammer about 1 month ago, and this is the alpha version of my first map. It's an egypt themed king of the hill map. Only used standard textures and models. Probably not the best map gameplay-wise, but I'd like constructive criticism on it. It's not a final version, so I'll be upgrading it from time to time.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    For the overlays that say "resupply" and such, you might want to use the gameplay props instead. Those have a dash of glow, and are made for TF2. The ones you currently have are for HL2.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Zeigh

Positive Ratings:
    Noted.

4. JeanPaul

JeanPaul L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    The fog color must ALWAYS match the color of the sky or else it looks extremely weird.

5. colacan

colacan L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    What JeanPaul says. The harvest sky (sky_harvest_01 if I'm correct) is yellowish. It'll blend nicely with the yellow sand/fog.

6. Zeigh

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, I wanted to put in the same sky texture egypt has (which is harvest, afaik), but haven't really bothered since I didn't make the 3d skybox yet. Also going to replace the water texture with something better.

7. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  8. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Indeed. But its light_environment values are different. See my recent edit to the dev wiki's sky list.