New York is not the solution

Dr Forrester

L2: Junior Member
Aug 15, 2008
If it makes you feel any better... our clan server is located in Atlanta, and we have at least one member that's an Aussie that plays from the great land of Nippon (Japan) o_O

250 ping ftw, and he still kicks some ass.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Sorry to poop on the server party, but many people appear to agree with me on this: The new NY server is not a good trade for the old EU and US servers.

First of all, I understand that it was hard to play on the EU server for you Americans because of the high ping. But if you had the right to complain about your ping to that server, we have the exact same grounds for complaint.

problemnotsolved.jpg

Look at this. How is this better for the Europeans, than the EU server ever was for the Americans?

While I get that the idea of a more central server is good, NY is hardly more central than England, and it feels unfair. I get 200 ping from Norway, for instance.

Also,

zJt0y.png

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
I get an average of 106 ping.
Which very good for a US server, and very playable.
That is a delay of 0.106 seconds between input and action. Something that a normal server can interpolate without problem.

Ping really doesn't matter these days. unless you're connecting to east asia or something. The only thing in this game that requires a low ping is airblasting, and don't try and tell me we need more pyros.

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009

Thank you. It didn't seem to appear to most people that yes, the west coast is populated and that there are people there who play games.

If this was posted a few weeks ago you would have had to add Alaska in as well. :)

EDIT: Actually an even better place would just be somewhere off the coast in the Atlantic. TF2Maps Pirate Server anyone? :)

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
problemnotsolved.jpg

Look at this. How is this better for the Europeans, than the EU server ever was for the Americans?

While I get that the idea of a more central server is good, NY is hardly more central than England, and it feels unfair. I get 200 ping from Norway, for instance.

Networks do not work that way.

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
I think to truly solve this we're going to need to poll peoples locations.

Flame

aa
Jul 19, 2009
well regardless the ny server is better than both the old dallas one and the old eu one. nobody not even the euros wanted to play on the old eu one.

as for why id imagine itd have something to do with the fact not too many people donate, servers dont exactly run themselves.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Shut up everyone I get 5 ping on the new server it's fine.

>.>

Jimmy

L420: High Member
Jul 6, 2009
Who broke to old, GOOD Eu server? Before we had about 3 Shit ones? Im sure it was someones map that crashed it and it never returned......

Mar 23, 2010
Impossible to satisfy UK, US, and Australia with 1 server.

How about we fix that UK server?

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
I have it all worked out:
NEWSERVER.png

But no, seriously, I'm alright with the new server, mainly because there is still an EU one, though not affiliated with tf2m.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Host out of some remote location so that everyone gets bad ping. Balanced.