New Gamemode Idea (need help)

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a gametype that already exists called slay the dragon? I remember seeing a few of those maps around back 6 months or so ago...check those to see if those are similar to this gametype you're talking about.

Zwolf11

L1: Registered
Mar 8, 2009
Yeah, but that would solve the friendly fire problem. They wouldn't want to shoot since their CP is under their.

Plus, it's just a suggestion.

yeah, i can see why you would say that now. However, I have decided to go with the idea to make a big case around it and make it a func_door and make it raise up when the last point is capped. Also, it displays the text "(team)'s Power Core is now Vulnerable!"

Also, I have most of the moch-up map made, if I want to give a link to it so that someone else can finish it, where could I post the file?

Zwolf11

Mar 8, 2009
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a gametype that already exists called slay the dragon? I remember seeing a few of those maps around back 6 months or so ago...check those to see if those are similar to this gametype you're talking about.

I looked up on that, they're kind of similar except the dragon slayer mode has no CP's, also, the "dragon" that you have to kill has a sentry in it and you can only attack the head. :p

Zwolf11

Mar 8, 2009
http://www.mediafire.com/?ngddyiezxi2

Okay, hopefully this link works. I've finished most of the moch-up map, all I need is someone to make it so that when you cap the last point it opens up the barrier around the core, also, you need to make it so when the core is destroyed, it has an output that makes the opposite team win. Thanks to anyone who wants to help. Download it with the link.

Last edited:

Owlruler

L12: Fabulous Member
Dec 10, 2008
Is this what you're think of?

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
Shame I didnt see this thread,

anyway I should have a working prefab for this, needs some fixes for the hud

maxtraxv2

L3: Member
Jan 23, 2009
UT3 warfare would be really good on 2fort map i think

dirtyminuth

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 5, 2007
You can apply a team filter to who damages the func_breakable, much like how Potato and I set up Rocket Riot

Came here to post this, but now just to confirm it. I've got it working in asylum (see sig) for the tower bell.

Ahem.... Chrono... ;)