Need help with killer vehicle

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
Every output from the timer should be Ontimer. so yes.
May I have the vmf? :p
(just needs to be this train part..)

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
Well the first thing I see is that it does not loop. Your last path_track has no new destination.

There are two path_tracks in the same place.

Try using sensible names so things do not get confusing next time.

BIG EDIT: by the way, you should toggle the timer, rather than enable and disable D;
and.. that refire thing, get rid of, as it will force it to fire and yeah.. eliminates the random.

Last edited:

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
Well I have the file for you.. I changed ALL the swamp stuff, because I don't have it, and it seemed to crash my computer every time.
All you need to do, is cut the paths, timer and train(change the model back) func/model/hurt, and you're sorted.
You might want to add the sounds back in too.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1695769/fixedmaybe.vmf

Then you can adjust the random times you want, and if you need.. set the speeds differently.

Mar 23, 2010
well, i wanted it to stop at the same place, and then go again at a random time..

Thanks for fixing it. it'll do for now. it just keeps going and going and going, though.

It also has trouble with turns if you are standing on it....

Last edited:

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
What? That one I made does stop at the same place.. and then will leave at a random time, between whatever min and max you give!
If at any point you want to stop the timer which is telling it to go, then toggle the timer off.
If you want it to be rideable, you will either need to make it slow right down, or add a lot of path_tracks for it to go around smoothly. Otherwise, players won't really need to be riding it most of the time so I wouldn't worry.

Mar 23, 2010
What? That one I made does stop at the same place.. and then will leave at a random time, between whatever min and max you give!
If at any point you want to stop the timer which is telling it to go, then toggle the timer off.
If you want it to be rideable, you will either need to make it slow right down, or add a lot of path_tracks for it to go around smoothly. Otherwise, players won't really need to be riding it most of the time so I wouldn't worry.

yeah. i couldn't download it early. comp was acting weird. i think i got it working now. thanks.