Buy Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor for PC at Green Man Gaming

need help making train to go back and forth

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Resources' started by static2601, Dec 25, 2011.

1. static2601

static2601 L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm making a train that goes forward on a track when you press a button, then when it reaches its destination, have another button the will make it go back to where it came from. this train would carry passengers a to b and back. I don't want user controls and want to lock the buttons so player cant press them when their in transit. I have an idea how to do this but I'm not very good with trains since i haven't used them much in my maps.
    I've tried making one but i couldn't get it to "branch" right. I also had the other button set it backwards but its too slow and cant speed it up. Any help is much appreciated.

2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    branching is really tough to do, and usually causes a lot of issues... this might be why you are having issues...

For 1 path simple back and force just set the activation so that when it activates, it disables itself until the train arrives at its destination... when it reaches the final path_track, have it enable.

3. static2601

Positive Ratings:
    but how do i make the train go back on the same track at the same speed?

4. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    I think (i haven't done this in a while) but I think it is just set direction, then on button activation, start forward...

This tutorial may help

5. static2601

Positive Ratings:
    What I ended up doing was putting path_tracks along the track and back making a loop that goes in a line. I had the train stop at the path_tracks and the button set to setforward, so it just continued on the loop. but now im having a problem, the train hits a turn and doesnt change directions, it moves sideways. I checked the path_tracks and orientation is set to face direction of motion for all of them and the flags are all the same. not sure whats going on here.

Buy Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor for PC at Green Man Gaming