Need help making DR falling platforms

marcy

L1: Registered
Feb 24, 2024
I've been endlessly re-watching Cream Tea's tutorial on how to make falling platforms for a deathrun map but for some reason the platforms just don't respawn.
The platforms successfully break after being jumped on but they don't respawn for some reason.
Any help would be appreciated.

marcy

L1: Registered
Feb 24, 2024
Ok so I have a setup with two platforms and a killbox. The player is meant to jump onto a block in the middle of these two platforms in order to get across. Beneath them is a pit with a trigger_hurt that will kill them if they miss the jump. The platform is meant to break after being jumped on to add some difficulty to it before respawning so the next player can attempt the jump.
First I made a 128x128 block, pressed the button "ToEntity", changed the class to funk_breakable, named it platform then enabled the flag "Only Break On Trigger".
Then I created an entity called "point_template", enabled the flag "don't remove template entities", under class info set template 1 to "platform" then named it platform_template.
After that I created an entity called "env_entity_maker and named it platform_maker.
Then I added a trigger brush on top of the block, clicked "ToEntity", classed it as trigger_multiple then I went to outputs and under "My Output Named" I put OnStartTouchAll, Under "target entities named" put platform and "Via This Input" as Break. I also changed "After A Delay In Seconds" to 0.50.
After that I added another output again under "My Output Named" I put OnStartTouchAll, Under "Target Entities Named" I put platform_maker, then "Via This Input" I put ForceSpawn. For the respawn of the block I changed "After A Delay In Seconds" to 1.50.

Attachments

• scrnsht_falling.png
    scrnsht_falling.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 12

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
It sounds like you have all the pieces in place, and it's just some broken logic that's holding you back.
In the TF2 console, type developer 2 and you'll be able to see the I/O events that happen when you trigger the trigger_multiple. Study them for mistakes.

By the way, I recommend you replace the trigger_multiple with a trigger_once, change its outputs to OnTrigger, give it a targetname and add it to the point_template.

There is a Discord community for deathrun developers you can join to get more relevant help and useful tips. You are welcome to join it at deathrun.tf.