MvM Pirate's Beach Planet!

MVM MvM Pirate's Beach Planet! Beta v0.2

DeathAnimations Team

L1: Registered
Oct 9, 2016
MvM Pirate's Beach Planet! - Bananas!

Hello!
This map is part of a Team Fortress 2 Community project called "The Alien MvM project!"
https://www.deviantart.com/deathanimationsda/art/The-Alien-MvM-project-Updated-755583337
Click here for more information.

A MvM map based on the "The Invasion Update" Lead by Ronin And the 2018's Steam Summer Sale game "Saliens" by Valve

Usefull Info about these map series:

- There are custom population files packed on the map folder (Will need manual installation)
- Creator of the "intermediate" difficulty - DiFFU
- Creator of the "advanced" difficulty - Wazzup

- Contains nav infos for bots/robots to work on the map folder, they shouldn't need to be installed unless something went wrong on the publish of this map. (They should be packed within the map.)

- This map took around a week to create and design of the pop files.

- There might be some bugs here and there, I'm really sorry if you find any. It is a BETA and I'll try to fix them if possible.

- THE WATER WON'T KILL THE ROBOTS/ALIENS!
However the bomb is not water proof and will in fact reset if a robot with it falls in it.

- Help information (This will be updated as new problems are found by players) -
Q • The map sometime crashes with a "Source Engine" error.
A • That is very possible to be the Source engine's entity limit, because I added to many props on the map, I'm trying to fix it by removing more entities but it costs the map's details.

- This map was made with the help of:
- Wazzup [Creator of the advanced .pop file difficulty]

♦ Please rate my work on the TF2Maps.net if you enjoyed it.
3vffq4p.png

♦ Please rate my work on the Steam Workshop:
Up if you enjoyed it.
Down if you don't really like these types of maps.
and Favorite if you ABSOLUTLY loved it!
p7Fv1Z6.gif

Story: For information about this map's story, check the link at the top of this description and watch our SFM animated trailer.

DeathAnimations Team

Oct 9, 2016
---Updated---
(most recent version at the moment)

Hello!

This map is part of a Team Fortress 2 Community project called "The Alien MvM project!"
Click here for more information.

A MvM map based on the "The Invasion Update" Lead by Ronin And the 2018's Steam Summer Sale game "Saliens" by Valve

Usefull Info about these map series:

- There are custom population files packed on the map folder (Will need manual installation)
- Creator of the "intermediate" difficulty + The map - DiFFU
- Creator of the "advanced" difficulty - Wazzup

- Contains nav infos for bots/robots to work on the map folder, they shouldn't need to be installed unless something went wrong on the publish of this map. (They should be packed within the map.)

- This map took around a week to create and design of the pop files.

- There might be some bugs here and there, I'm really sorry if you find any. It is a BETA and I'll try to fix them if possible.

- THE WATER WON'T KILL THE ROBOTS/ALIENS!
However the bomb is not water proof and will in fact reset if a robot with it falls in it.

- Help information (This will be updated as new problems are found by players) -
Q • The map sometime crashes with a "Source Engine" entity error.
A • That is very possible to be the Source engine's entity limit, because I added to many props on the map, I'm trying to fix it by removing more entities but it costs the map's details.

- This map was made with the help of:
- Wazzup [Creator of the advanced .pop file difficulty]

♦ Please rate my work on the TF2Maps.net if you enjoyed it.
3vffq4p.png

♦ Please rate my work on the Steam Workshop:
Up if you enjoyed it.
Down if you don't really like these types of maps.
and Favorite if you ABSOLUTLY loved it!
p7Fv1Z6.gif

Story: For information about this map's story, check the link at the top of this description and watch our SFM animated trailer.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
Right from the bat looking at the screenshots, it seems most of the layout is formed using props (big no no for optimization) which usually means bad for layout design as well. I recommend reworking the layout using more brushwork and ditching the sandbox mindset (box filled with what not to form a map). Since it's mvm, you should design the layout around the objective (paths > hatch) like in payload.

DeathAnimations Team

Oct 9, 2016
Hmmm alright, however that's the thing, this is more of a nature map which means barely any structures. Only plants detailing and some props as cover.
What would you recommend?

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
You can still get off with most of the map being outside while forming a suitable layout. It's fine to have props (like fences rocks etc.) covering at times. But in terms of performance and gameplay, flesh out a layout with more in depth brushwork (which in turn you can turn into displacements which serve as shapeable terrain).

Afaik the site has it's own mvm server nowadays for testing custom maps, which I suggest you submit your map to. Haven't personally gotten much of a clue of that part of the testing the site hosts, but I doubt it being much different from the system used for non-mvm gamemodes.