Multi Level Weapons Being Found In The Wild

pl

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 6, 2009
I have a level 85 Flare Gun, and it doesn't seem to be any different to a normal one.

Perhaps some items' levels do make a difference and some don't...?

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Level 69 and level 8 kritzkrieg charge in the same amount of time, level 66 sandvich is no different from a level 1 one. I don't think modified stats have been added yet.

krazy6446

L1: Registered
Jun 19, 2009
My thoughts are that it will either make a difference later in performance (as few real weapons are exactly as good as others), or that they will be higher-priced when the trade system arrives.

Smashman

L3: Member
Mar 14, 2009
You guise know Robin said it was a bug?
And DrPepper.
They aren't just level 10.
Watches are level 5 normally.
They all differ slightly, but do not go above 10.

Angry_Ed

May 25, 2009
Personally I doubt it's a bug. Now I'm not a programmer but I know the following

A) They were planning to introduce this kind of variance soon
B) Something like this would have had to have been coded. Random level assignation just doesn't happen out of the blue unless the code was already there

So it stands to reason that perhaps, by accident, the code got implemented before everything else was ready. I don't know. Personally I hope the way levels are handled are different than levels in an MMO otherwise it undoes the entire point of the level numbers (as a joke), and would severly undermine balance. Personally I want to believe Valve isn't going to screw things up, but as a realist I know even great developers can have bad ideas.

In the meantime though I refuse to delete my leveled weaponry, even the Level 0 KGB, just in case.

Last edited:

Axolotl

Mar 8, 2009
I still have no idea what to do with my Lv. 100 Flare Gun.

Or my Lv. 100 Jar of Piss.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Multi-level weapons are now extinct.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
I got a level 98 huntsman a couple of hours before it was patched. :D