Most Annoying Part About Mapping?

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Radius culling is set to the same as the viewport draw distance, correct (and I assume most people have it at max).

It's only useful because the viewport draw distance does it with a "back-plane," whereas radius culling properly culls objects as the game would (using Far-Z on your fog controller, for instance). So by using radius culling, you can see if an object will "pop" when in game.

I'm pretty sure it also acts as a cordon and anything culled wont compile.

Mar 23, 2013
Radius culling is set to the same as the viewport draw distance, correct (and I assume most people have it at max).

It's only useful because the viewport draw distance does it with a "back-plane," whereas radius culling properly culls objects as the game would (using Far-Z on your fog controller, for instance). So by using radius culling, you can see if an object will "pop" when in game.

I'm pretty sure it also acts as a cordon and anything culled wont compile.

But then you have a leak :I Which makes radius culling the most useless feature in hammer. You have lags and leaks

And am I the only one which can barely see props with alpha texture in the model browser?

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
And am I the only one which can barely see props with alpha texture in the model browser?
I've got that too; I think it happened around the switch to VPK.