CP Monomo A3

freedom

L3: Member
Jan 14, 2017
Monomo - Fight over a very badlands like map set in Monument Valley

-----
Monomo, A2b
-------

cp_Monomo is a map set in Monument Valley, Utah/Arizona. Your goal is to capture the enemy's satellite and rocket system. Or something. Have fun.

Last edited:

JakerBiker

L1: Registered
Aug 20, 2017
Your map looks great! I like how you can see the second point from the first point. That was a pretty neat idea! But that being said, your map does have a few problems.

-A big issue is that some textures are missing. I recommend using VIDE to pack your map before uploading it. Idolon had a great post explaining how to use it and where to get it. This should fix any missing textures.
Idolon's post: https://tf2maps.net/threads/vide-a-how-to.21661/

-You can build in blu's spawn! make sure your func_respawnroom takes up the entire respawn room. Enemys can easily teleport into blu's spawn and spawn camp them!

-A few more things about blu's spawns. The second spawn room isn't needed. Just lower the respawn time of blu once the first point is capped. If you really want to keep the second respawn room, then make it two way, make it bigger, and add a resupply cabinet. Also, you can spawn camp blu from just shooting explosives from the door to the right when you spawn in. blu won't be able to access the resupply cabinet since you are next to the door and they will just die. I would recommend moving the resupply cabinet out of the doorway and somewhere blu can access it without dying.

-I do not know what you have planned for this map in the future, but I would recommend making the map bigger. By that, I also mean adding more CPs. You should make it into a multistage map or a 3cp with the CPs farther spaced out.

- Just something minor, but you can make an actual train going across the first area. If you don't want to make the train, I would remove the fence on the train. They are just annoying to play around.

Keep up the good work and have fun mapping!

freedom

Jan 14, 2017
Your map looks great! I like how you can see the second point from the first point. That was a pretty neat idea! But that being said, your map does have a few problems.

-A big issue is that some textures are missing. I recommend using VIDE to pack your map before uploading it. Idolon had a great post explaining how to use it and where to get it. This should fix any missing textures.
Idolon's post: https://tf2maps.net/threads/vide-a-how-to.21661/

-You can build in blu's spawn! make sure your func_respawnroom takes up the entire respawn room. Enemys can easily teleport into blu's spawn and spawn camp them!

-A few more things about blu's spawns. The second spawn room isn't needed. Just lower the respawn time of blu once the first point is capped. If you really want to keep the second respawn room, then make it two way, make it bigger, and add a resupply cabinet. Also, you can spawn camp blu from just shooting explosives from the door to the right when you spawn in. blu won't be able to access the resupply cabinet since you are next to the door and they will just die. I would recommend moving the resupply cabinet out of the doorway and somewhere blu can access it without dying.

-I do not know what you have planned for this map in the future, but I would recommend making the map bigger. By that, I also mean adding more CPs. You should make it into a multistage map or a 3cp with the CPs farther spaced out.

- Just something minor, but you can make an actual train going across the first area. If you don't want to make the train, I would remove the fence on the train. They are just annoying to play around.

Keep up the good work and have fun mapping!
Thanks for the constructive review! Normally I would only get some vague feedback, but this is perfect! I forgot I used custom textures in the first place, so I will remember to pack those in. I only added the fence as a little bit of cover for snipers, though I do suppose it is somewhat annoying and sniper already has plenty of cover, so I will remove those. I have considered adding three control points, but I really like small maps when it comes to CP, almost too small seen by my previous maps, though I will see if I can add on to the area connecting the two halves of the map, as the whole thing nearly entirely fits inside of 4096x4096, which is too small. I highly appreciate the feedback on the forward spawn, and the only reason it is the way it is is because I was too lazy to hollow out the bigger side of the building, which I will do now that I know it might help gameplay a bit more.

freedom

Jan 14, 2017
yaknow just some stuff!!
Overall
- Map is A2 because yeah
- Minor details all around
- Packed textures (for real!) this time!
Blue Spawn
- Moved resupply cabinet
- Added resupply cabinet
- You can respawn in the "outside" area now.
- Removed the red fences because they suck
- Overhaul of Blue Forward Spawn
- Extended spawn into the main building
- Removed some fencing but added more cover
- Both doors do stuff now
Point A
- Fixed Clipping at A
- Removed fences from sniper traincart
- Centered ammo
Transition
- Replaced fences with brushes
Warehouse