[MODEL] Dirty Bomb Cart

oxy

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 27, 2007
Sniper,

What was the final tri count on this. Reason I ask is if you had room the wires could have used some more resolution. Other than that I say it is def. official quality!

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
Voila

Yea I'm gonna fix some tiny issues that youme pointed out but the wired aren't that bad if you ask me.. thats not where I wanna spend my polys :)

tricountbd1.png

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Go on, add in two more lengths per wire, thats about 12 polys if they are triangular or 16 polys per wire (3 wires) if they are square (in cross section)
I'm sure our computers can handle the extra polys

Also another little thing: the texture on the gas cylinder where the wood from the old cart used to be is almost pitch black even though there is no wood now. Time for the clone tool!

oxy

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 27, 2007
Looks super clean. The wires a a very minor suggestion. I think we could handle another 30 polys or so. But it is obviously your call. Either way GREAT WORK I think you have inspired me to map again. (either that or give another shot at a custom model):tongue_smilie:

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
Thx oxy ^^

Youme gd stuff to point at some flaws that I'll fix later, not much work but it has to be done too. I'm gonna play a bit with the hue of the blue cart to make it more fit, it's a bit too light now imho.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Looking really good! I want to do pl map in the future, and if I were to choose between this and Valve's, I'd choose this, actually. Very well done.

Ace

L3: Member
Feb 15, 2008
Is there not a way to use the red medi-gun or red engies dispenser?

To be honest I don't really know how the effects work, but thats my suggestion.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Well its not a particle effect entity, its a dispencer entity (with a 'team' keyvalue) whilst I've not tried setting this to 'red' it might just work....
Ninja edit: Since there is already a red beam for the dispencer I have no reason to believe valve would have ommitted the code from the dispencer entity. I'm going to check this now.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
ok, I would use edit but this deserves a new post.

For a red dispencer effect just change the team to 'red' on the mapobj_cart_dispenser entity