KotH Milan A4

Italian villa KOTH map

1. squidbuddy

squidbuddy L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Koth Milan - Italian villa KOTH map

Bon giorno!

Koth Milan is a map designed after an Italian villa. I intended to make this map using the new Frontline mod. The map layout has multiple buildings connected by bridges and archways, giving a combination of indoor and outdoor environments. Any input on the map and what can be done to improve it would be hugely appreciated.

Note: I realize that the soundscape is not working right now, I am trying to resolve an issue that causes the map to crash, so please keep posted for the next update. I will be working on updating textures as well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Foot

Foot L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    This map has no areaportals, the whole map renders at the same time.
    20161111122247_1.jpg

It seems like you are using a skybox as big as the entire grid.

Besides those things and the funky brushwork this map looks great!

3. basilhs333

basilhs333 L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    looks awesome i like where it goes and i hope i can see it done one day!
    good job m8 :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. squidbuddy

Positive Ratings:
    I've been having a lot of trouble compiling the latest version of the map. I've added details, areaportals, and simplified geometry but the map compiler always slows to a crawl and basically freezes midway. If anyone can offer their assistance in solving this issue I would be hugely appreciative.

5. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    Did you func_detail what's appropriate to, by chance?

6. Cytosolic

Cytosolic L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Instead of going though the lengthy process of telling you everything you need to func_detail, or teaching you optimization, I'm going to let this video do it for me. It's a really good overview and applies to TF2. This video is another good one that focuses more on func_details.

7. squidbuddy

Positive Ratings:
    Added lighting, modified layout slightly, and optimized performance. There is still a few issues in terms of optimization, but I just wanted to update the newest version to be more playable.

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 1
  8. squidbuddy

Positive Ratings:
    It's been a hot minute. After having to get a new computer due to my old, crappy one not having the space to handle rendering, I've finally made an update to Milan. This is just a basic texture addition with minor tweaking done in terms of collision. I have had some clipping issues in testing so please report them in the discussion board if you have found any or just have general comments. I will be getting to skyboxes, bump mapping and props soon so please be patient!

Read the rest of this update entry...