Messing around with teleports & such

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Hagan, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Hagan

Hagan L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    First off I wanna thank you guys for helping me out in my last thread. I failed to reply back giving my thanks and I'm sorry about that.

Ive been working on this on and off for a while now. I'm trying to get it to where I'd port from one side to the next while in mid air. As shown in the image each of the 4 groups of teleport_destination entities has a logic_case attached to it along with a trigger_teleport set to port to the opposite sides.

[​IMG]

From every tutorial I looked at it seem like I'm taking the right path with this... Yet when running the map it tells me otherwise.

Heres a link to the files to try to help you understand my problem a bit better.
    http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=273

Some how I feel that I'm peeing in the wind again with this and it wont work. However thanks for any advice that can be given.

2. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    You are in fact doing this correctly, for the most part. Instead of teleport_destination, you'll actually want to use info_target. Weird I know, but that's the way teles work in multi-player. For single player you would use the other entity. As for where you port, that can be mid-air, or pretty much anywhere. OnStartTouch, TeleportTo, RandomCase. Hope this helps :) Edit 1: I should also point out that teles may not function properly in TF2 anyways. I never used them outside of DM, so I dunno.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Hagan

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks!

They have a few port maps out they seem to work just fine.

4. Dox

Dox L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    A lot of surf maps involve teleporters, but that is somewhat unfortunate since an exit is EASILY camped by a singe demo or sentry.

5. Hagan

Positive Ratings:
    I add that to the info_target?

6. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    Info_target will replace teleport_destination. Everything else remains the same.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. World Of Frisbee Crisis

World Of Frisbee Crisis L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Although, you could use a nobuild and block bullets around the teleport, but this may cause confusion for the players who don't know about it.

8. Hagan

Positive Ratings:
    thanks again