Massive Gameplay Update - Feb 2, 2009

Armadillo of Doom

Group Founder, Lover of Pie
aa
Oct 25, 2007
I really don't like the Spy change :( People have gotten good enough at checking that Spy has been reduced to a ninja, more or less, and not in a good way. The rest of the update however, very cool indeed. Don't suppose anyone has a chart/table for the new damages?

maggotrain

L1: Registered
Jan 31, 2009
Good updates, i would not mind if flare gun would have even more power. Maybe more damage from burning and 20 or less from hit?

Any stats somewhere where you can see how much people are actually using unlocable weapons? I was just thinking that not that many pyros are actually using the flare gun, it seems that you see more shotguns nowadays.

Spike

L10: Glamorous Member
Feb 13, 2008
WTF have they done to the crosshairs??? Now snipers have corsshair even without scoping. I've been playing on dustbowl for 3 hours today and it has been very annoying with the snipers aiming like if it was a rifle. Also I've seen Kritzkrieg medics ubering snipers shooting without damage, which results in instakill in almost all cases.

PS btw, how do you change the crosshairs to the original ones?.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
if they wanted they could always mark their screens anyways.

It's really nothing to complain about. If anything, they should make noscope snipers less accurate.

Spike

L10: Glamorous Member
Feb 13, 2008
no, they should remove it like all FPS. I don't know any decent shooter with crosshair on sniper rifles. I think Valve missed to remove it for snipers

Also making it less acurate is useless, snipers use the no scoping shoots on close range, and even less acurate it will hit you at close range, even at medium range for sure. Sniper job is so easy they should't buff him in this way. If a sniper haven't had the skills to headshot an incoming pyro or whichever class, he deserves to die without any chance of surviving

Last edited:

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
Maybe I should make myself clearer.

Preventing them from using a crosshair is superficial. If they wanted a crosshair, nothing can stop them from marking their screen, ie with harmless tape

Last edited:

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Well, it's ugly either way, it stays there when scoped. And I really like the default crosshairs instead of a standard one on all weapons.

While I'd prefer them to remove the crosshair from noscope snipers altogether, if they don't, they should at least add one to the default set.