Maps needed for new Giant Robot PvP mode , modded maps or orignals

HiGPS

L1: Registered
Oct 26, 2022
Hello, I have a custom gamemode that uses modified versions of maps, this is an assymetric and more vertical gamemode of regular payload, which allows for a lot more creativity.

About the mode Manned Machines:
Teams:
Robot-Team
Human-Team

Robot-Team selects from pre designed robot templates
Humans-Team uses regular loadout, but with some custom buffs and changes to make more weapons viable in the mode

There's usually 1 robot per 3 humans, meaning on a full server, it's 6 robots vs 18 humans, which is what we balance the mode around.

Map modifications are: Robots are up to 1.95 taller than humans, meaning doorways needs to be increased.

Roofs are generally accessible and buildable
Areas are generally wider to give the human team more surfaces are
Engineers able to build sentries and dispensers in spawn (not teleporters)
Gameplay Trailer:
View: https://youtu.be/UtbBpdxCVcc

We've had some mappers make some modifications to existing maps, but it would also be cool to have an original map designed for this mode, like the VSH maps.

We have a collection of maps modded here, but are looking for more or original ones.

We are looking for mappers willing to either modify some of their existing maps or create original maps for this game mode

If you have any further questions you can join our discord found on the webpage

Last edited:

HiGPS

L1: Registered
Oct 26, 2022
Awesome. Had a ton of fun playing this mode. Maybe a mapping (mini-) contest might make sense? Also, @HiGPS, would WIP maps be tested on the bmod servers?
Yes, that's what I'm trying to get the ball rolling on. But I can't seem to reach anyone in the TF2 maps scene who has any interest in it, I will provide the monetary rewards as well.

The bmod community has been testing and providing stv demos from community maps in the past and still do.

Any WIP map will be tested and recorded