Mapping after steampipe (read before conversion)

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
No, Valve hasn't released any documentation on those.

Antonhel

L1: Registered
Apr 29, 2011
Yes, you need to have those saved earlier. You might be lucky and a kind soul will host them for you to re-download.

:O I'm not lucky, I wasn't even prepared for the Steampipe update. Why didn't Valve update Source SDK at the same time...? I guess we need to wait in Valve Time again. Oh Gaben.

Blastfrog

May 4, 2013
Is anyone that has those required deprecated files kind enough to publicly upload in them in a zip to Mediafire or something for ill-prepared fools such as myself? I converted my copy to Steampipe before even encountering this thread, and nowhere else did I hear of this.

If you upload it for the public, you are my hero.

compfast

Apr 25, 2013
Is anyone that has those required deprecated files kind enough to publicly upload in them in a zip to Mediafire or something for ill-prepared fools such as myself? I converted my copy to Steampipe before even encountering this thread, and nowhere else did I hear of this.

If you upload it for the public, you are my hero.

What he said^ :)

Blastfrog

May 4, 2013
Actually, I was digging around in the Steam menu and found that you can indeed get these files from Valve themselves, without having to get it from users who backed it up. Thanks, Valve.

To do this, right click on TF2, go to properties, and opt into sdktools_beta. I hope this helps. :)

Fragancia

L2: Junior Member
Feb 22, 2013
getting back gcfs is a 11gb download so I wouldn't bother if you didn't back them. you guys should try the new sdk beta. from what I hear it's not perfect and needs some tweaking but it works

How did you get it to work, it simply crashes on me when trying to open a map or making a new.

PoignardAzur

L2: Junior Member
Mar 21, 2013
When you tried the sdk_beta, was it open ? Because they say you need a code to get it now.
(I checked, it's not 1111 ^^)