Map refuseing to complie...

Lord_Troll69

L1: Registered
Mar 24, 2023
Im getting so close to finishing my map and getting ready for the first playtest but the map refuses to compile and its keep compileing an OLD save of it instead the qurrent version.
The compile prosses window keep saying that its something wrong whit the skybox but i dont know what's the solution to fix it. (I'm an amature)

Attachments

• ctf_Minefort Remake.vmf
    7.8 MB · Views: 32
Solution
T
There's a space between minefort and remake in your vmf's filename. That could be why, Source doesn't like spaces in filenames.

Also, some Linux players have problems with map names that have capital letters. Your filename should read ctf_minefort_remake

Also also, please follow the established build progression suffixes. Alpha, Beta, and Release Candidate. These let people know how far along in development a map is, and makes things a lot easier to identify a finished project. These suffixes are _a for Alphas, _b for Betas, and _rc for Release Candidates. That's why you'll see maps here named cp_mapname_a4 and such.
T

The Asylum

There's a space between minefort and remake in your vmf's filename. That could be why, Source doesn't like spaces in filenames.

Also, some Linux players have problems with map names that have capital letters. Your filename should read ctf_minefort_remake

Also also, please follow the established build progression suffixes. Alpha, Beta, and Release Candidate. These let people know how far along in development a map is, and makes things a lot easier to identify a finished project. These suffixes are _a for Alphas, _b for Betas, and _rc for Release Candidates. That's why you'll see maps here named cp_mapname_a4 and such.

Solution