Map info translation service!

PenPen

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 24, 2008
Wait wut? This happened while I was away?

Anyway, sign me up for both Chinese versions (I'm native to trad. Chinese but it's easy to convert to simp. Chinese). I'll help out but do expect turnaround time to be approx 1 week or slightly more due to my work.

My Dropbox account: penpen35@gmail.com

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Why there was no notification of new map to translate?
Another experiment I guess. Last time half of them got done before I could even send the message and the rest got done within a day. It'd been so long since we've done anything I thought I would see how it went without sending one right away.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
I just kinda forgot about it because Washi is part of the group and could take things himself whenever they were done.

I guess this idea was a little too optimistic. Seems there is no point in it since people really don't (can't) stray that far from normal. :/

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
Eh, nah, it's probably just that most mappers and players here know English and thus don't see the point of translating, maybe? We can fully translate a map into like 8 languages in under a week without it even being announced so I'd say this is far from pointless. This might not be needed often but the service is there when needed.

Are you sure the comp CTF contest won't cause a sudden influx of betas/rcs that need translations with their touch returns/no touch return, invade mode and so on?