Map Idea(s)

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
I like the african theme, kas seen in far cry 2. Lots of small cliffs and vegetation.

If not that you could try making inner city, with roads etc. I saw someone made ashphalt/ grass/ pavement tetxures not so long ago in the models/textures forum.

lillbrorsan

L2: Junior Member
May 1, 2008
Have to say there are some interesting ideas here, something just hit me the other day, are remakes something to even consider doing?

irishladdie727

L1: Registered
Jun 13, 2009
You could try working with a space-y theme? I'd love to play a map on venus or something...
(it'd be lolable with low grav :p)

It would be cool if you could make it so that when you left the base into the oxygen-less void the characters reacted the same way they do when underwater. Might as well make an aqua base in that case though I suppose.

Cap'm Drummond

Apr 16, 2009
Have to say there are some interesting ideas here, something just hit me the other day, are remakes something to even consider doing?

It depends.

If I remember correctly, Turbine was a remake, so it's not out of the question. It might not be the best idea, but it's doable.

lillbrorsan

May 1, 2008
Well the map i had in mind of remaking has already been done so yeah, is there a list of ALL the maps being or been made so i don't get to work on a map just to see it was a waste of time? :p

(2142)Gen.Reape

Jun 13, 2009
I think a map like the Tug of War gamemode in World in Conflict would be nice.

For those who do not own world in conflict here is a summary

Both teams start on the opposite sides of the map, there is 3 points in the middle that are linked to each other called the "Frontline" if those are captured by one team or another, the Frontline advances to 3 more other points inside the enemy team's territory. And repeat intill all the enemy's Lines have been taken and the game is won. But if the other team recaptures the other team's point it reverts to the previous frontline

Then here is my other ideas.
Assault
You start with the other team's flag in your base, you must carry the enemy's flag into their base and into their intelligence room and score.

One Flag CTF
The game starts with a neutral flag in the middle of the map, one team must capture the flag and carry it into their base and score.

Then there is "Sabotage"
IN which in there is components(like fuel tanks,generators, computer consoles,armorys,Motor pools, and barracks) of other team's base that the your team must destroy to win

King of the Hill
In which the teams have to hold a neutral center point for a certain amount of team to win

Build the Superweapon
Both teams have to gather a specific amount of schematics to build a superweapon that they can use to destroy the other team's base

Last edited:

lillbrorsan

May 1, 2008
Tug of War do exist already, pl_Waste uses it with a custom cart, same goes with King of the Hill.
Sabotage sounds interesting :D

Right now i have taken a pl map i started last year and am now remaking it for either CTF or CP, will most likely be CTF though.
The map will use the Egypt theme but contain bases and other small rooms with Spytech in them, so far it looks really interesting :D

LunchBox

Jun 13, 2009
A british theme would be very cool. A thought that just popped into my head is maybe like a Tropical Rainforest type theme / Carribean type look to it. Like in Far Cry. I think that would be very very cool