Mann Co. font?

RavenStryker

Former Alias: †Blade†/Xi.Cynx
aa
Nov 25, 2008
A good nice weathered texture to use is(if your using photoshop)

Filter-->Texture-->Texturizer-->

Texture: Sandstone
Scaling: 50%
Relief: 2-3
Light: Top-or-Bottom

Wahla!

Jan 20, 2010
A good nice weathered texture to use is(if your using photoshop)

Filter-->Texture-->Texturizer-->

Texture: Sandstone
Scaling: 50%
Relief: 2-3
Light: Top-or-Bottom

Wahla!

It's alright. It's a little too "Photoshop filter" looking. If you know what I mean. I guess, if I was to put it into words, it looks fake and cheesy.
seriousface.gif

Boylee

pew pew pew
aa
Apr 29, 2008
Just out of interest has anyone ever emailed VAVLe to ask them about what fonts they use in TF2 (the MANN CO. and overlay ones rather than the ones that come with the game)?
Curious to know if they'd respond...

EDIT: just realised stevethepocket found it. Good job dude. Must've missed the page count when I opened the thread. durrr

Last edited:

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Ironically I have no clue what font the tagline is in. It looks like a pretty standard one, but it doesn't match any of the straight, narrow fonts I can find. I know Spammish was planning to include the tagline...

Also it's not on Dafont anywhere. I went through their whole sans serif category.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009

That's the closest match I got too (FontFinder directed me to it after its little questionnaire), but there are subtle differences. The curved letters aren't quite straight on the sides, and the S is very different. Plus, it's a money-cost font, and there's no sense buying a font just for this, especially if it's the wrong one.

Spammish probably has the right idea: use a completely different font, since it's not part of the logo anyway. Then technically it can't be "wrong," just an alternate typeface they use on some of their material. :p (Well I guess it can be "wrong" in the sense that Arial wasn't invented yet, but I'm pretty sure I saw some Arial in the game's signage too, so one can't be too fussy.)

Jan 20, 2010
That's the closest match I got too (FontFinder directed me to it after its little questionnaire), but there are subtle differences. The curved letters aren't quite straight on the sides, and the S is very different. Plus, it's a money-cost font, and there's no sense buying a font just for this, especially if it's the wrong one.

Spammish probably has the right idea: use a completely different font, since it's not part of the logo anyway. Then technically it can't be "wrong," just an alternate typeface they use on some of their material. :p (Well I guess it can be "wrong" in the sense that Arial wasn't invented yet, but I'm pretty sure I saw some Arial in the game's signage too, so one can't be too fussy.)

Yeah, you can just use some that are close enough.

Last edited:

Spammish

L3: Member
Jan 2, 2010
Thanks for all this, I've edited the text in the original poster and they look perfect together, I'm going to make some simple Mann Co. overlays to distribute to all you folk here :p Just simple decals and such.
Edit: Here's the un-weathered original with updated font.
mann%20co%20poster%20original2.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2008
Now then.

What font does Valve use for the update page titles? (e.g. KOTH_VIADUCT font)

Jan 20, 2010
For Black Oak, you can use this font but stretched out and squashed a bit. It's not EXACTLY the same (primarily some of the curves are straight instead of rounded on the C and D) but it's pretty close.

This font is pretty close as well.

I would also like to mention how amazing DaFont is. Best site ever.

Here's an example. Showguide on bottom, Anderson Thunderbird on top.

BlackOakLookalikes.PNG