London/UK asset pack?

Discussion in 'Request Area' started by Mattie, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    I hella appreciate that you're doing this. Not nearly enough urban environments in the asset drawer yet, and judging by the WIP posts you're quite the talented modeler. Given the amount of progress you've made already, I might recommend just posting a pack of what you have so far with the plan to update it down the line, rather than hold out until you have absolutely everything. Just in case you got tied up in other obligations and never came back to it. That happens surprisingly often.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Mattie

Mattie L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Ironically enough I can't model for toffee - all the models made for this project have been created by far more talented modellers than myself. Just materials and project organisation for me!

Otherwise you raise an interesting point, and we'll be sure to consider whether to stagger the pack's release into multiple major versions; the assets are currently categorised into high, medium and low priorities, so the highs and many mediums would definitely feature in the initial release. There's still some way to go before those high priority assets are done, however, but steady progress continues - such as with this (WIP) street furniture, made by the talented FGD5:
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for the support!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Mattie

Positive Ratings:
    Progress continues!
    [​IMG]
    The hard and dedicated work of our talented contributors means we're now getting closer and closer to a first full release of the pack, but there's still much to be done - and we still need your help. In particular we're looking for modellers to help make the last few assets (especially 3D skybox landmarks), as well as SFM animators to help out with the character animation on a short trailer that's being developed for the pack. If you think you can help out with those or with any other areas of the pack, add me on Discord (Mattie#6333) or find me on the TF2Maps Discord server.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  4. Werewolf

aa Werewolf Probably not a real Werewolf

Positive Ratings:
    It might help to post a list of which assets you still need help with.

5. True lemon

True lemon L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm gonna make a steam locomotive

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mattie

Positive Ratings:
    In terms of models the key ones that haven't been claimed by other contributors yet but which we'd still like to include for a first release are the skybox landmarks - versions of Big Ben/Parliament, St. Paul's Cathedral and Tower Bridge, still recognisable as themselves but given proportional and visual flair to match into the world of TF2 (and possibly with animations, for Tower Bridge's bascules opening - or for the Cathedral dome/the top of Big Ben opening up to reveal diabolical missile silos). Again there's also character animation needed for an SFM trailer (which has been fully blocked out and prepared), as well as potentially more general commercial or municipal signage overlays.