Listen!

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Honestly, whatever they release from this pack better just be re-skins. Valve's had enough problems working in a single class's weapons into the game, I'm afraid to see what happens when a dozen or so are added.

Retroid

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 25, 2009
Honestly, whatever they release from this pack better just be re-skins. Valve's had enough problems working in a single class's weapons into the game, I'm afraid to see what happens when a dozen or so are added.

I kind of agree but I like new things and as long as they start underpowered or playtested and changed throughout being in the game I really don't mind as Valve pretty much get things right. I mean there's always uproar (Jarate) but I think they still ultimately know what works and that's why we still play TF2.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
They've got enough great new content to add a new item or two every month or so after rigorous balance testing. And people who created these have some great ideas for the uses of these items. The contest was originally about the 'best pack wins' and now from the sound of it, "we'll be shipping the best of the amazing Polycount Contest entries." Which means they may not want to turn down all the great entries and just settle for one--but maybe to me the language is not very clear. It could be one or many, and I think they could do 1 new pack for each class given all the new content.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Yay, no more pop-up ads on the wiki! And yes, that custom maps section desperately needs a cleanup, and some kind of quality control so it doesn't get spam from everyone who's ever made a half-assed map.

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Does that mean my computer won't sound as if it's getting attacked by a virus every time i go on tf2wiki?

Also it's most likely an engie/polycount update.

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
He's almost right, above 150 and i hate a server for life .

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
They've got enough great new content to add a new item or two every month or so after rigorous balance testing. And people who created these have some great ideas for the uses of these items. The contest was originally about the 'best pack wins' and now from the sound of it, "we'll be shipping the best of the amazing Polycount Contest entries." Which means they may not want to turn down all the great entries and just settle for one--but maybe to me the language is not very clear. It could be one or many, and I think they could do 1 new pack for each class given all the new content.

Ahh but you see, if that's the case it'll mean about 18 new weapons that are only obtainable through random drops or items traded/crafted that are also found through random drops. On top of that a closed test of 50-200 people can come nowhere near the trials of 100k+ active players.

However, I would be perfectly fine with all of this if Valve added a server-side command to simply disable the use of the backpack. A true "vanilla" TF2 experience. As long as I had the choice to not deal with sandmen, crit-colas, direct hits, arrows, back-burners, razorbacks, hats, medals, etc. etc. etc.... I would be perfectly content and willing to have loads of new unique weapons added.

tf_vanilla_enable 1
//Disables use of items carried by backpack.

Ninjilla

L420: High Member
Sep 13, 2008
Ahh but you see, if that's the case it'll mean about 18 new weapons that are only obtainable through random drops or items traded/crafted that are also found through random drops. On top of that a closed test of 50-200 people can come nowhere near the trials of 100k+ active players.

However, I would be perfectly fine with all of this if Valve added a server-side command to simply disable the use of the backpack. A true "vanilla" TF2 experience. As long as I had the choice to not deal with sandmen, crit-colas, direct hits, arrows, back-burners, razorbacks, hats, medals, etc. etc. etc.... I would be perfectly content and willing to have loads of new unique weapons added.

tf_vanilla_enable 1

That would be awesome, for the times when you just feel like playing TF2 before this update business. Ah memories.

Dr Forrester

L2: Junior Member
Aug 15, 2008

tf_vanilla_enable 1

We recently did a retro week on my clan's server that ran a mod that pretty much did just that... it's actually not as fun as you'd think.