Light Gradient

Model Light Gradient 1.0

Tumby

aa
May 12, 2013
Light Gradient - A gradient to make your lamps beautiful! [1]

Just place it on the same spot and with the same rotation where you have your lamp. The number at the end of the model name is how many degrees it spans out. This currently only supports the "light_fluorescent_farm" models.

Don't like the brightness? Pop into the .vmt and change it yourself! It's as easy as it can get. (spoiler: very easy)

Installation:​

1. Extract the folder "assets_light_gradient". You can safely rename it.
  2. Place it in "Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\custom\".
    Alternatively, you can place the inner folders ("materials" and "models") directly inside your "tf" folder. You decide how to best organize your files.

Note for Workshop uploads:​

You must add me as a contributor if you use this in a Team Fortress 2 Workshop upload.
Please also notify me when you do this. I can be contacted on Discord as tumby5171 and via electronic mail at tumbolisu α gmx ∘ de.

[1] "I solve problems. Not problems like 'What is beauty?' because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy."

Last edited:

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
IMO this looks real bright and the gradient ia too slow fading, so it looks like cut. Is it more realistic and I'm misunderstanding light stuff?

Tumby

aa
May 12, 2013
IMO this looks real bright and the gradient ia too slow fading, so it looks like cut. Is it more realistic and I'm misunderstanding light stuff?

Don't like the brightness? Pop into the .vmt and change it yourself! It's as easy as it can get. (spoiler: very easy)

And considering the strength of the fade: That's bicubic interpolation between a white and black pixel. (Yes the whole texture is 2 pixels.) I could make it linear by using a 256 long strip of pixels, but I'm too lazy to make that.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Another well-deserved middle finger to people with extreme FPS configs.

Izotope

Sourcerer
aa
May 13, 2013