Lifestream

CP Lifestream a2b

fiend

L1: Registered
Jun 7, 2020
fiend submitted a new resource:

Lifestream - its got water that heals you!

My map for the 2023 72hr Jam!

Map has a gimmick, all the water in the map heals you over time if you stand in it.

In his lifelong quest to outlive his brother, Redmond Mann found the Fountain of Youth! Or at least, the water from it, it turns out it runs into a nearby river. Redmond is so old that he can't come all the way out to the fountain regularly (also he's just lazy), so he's tasked his mercenaries with collecting large amounts of it and bringing it to him!

Naturally, Blutarch...

Read more about this resource...

fiend

Jun 7, 2020
fiend updated Lifestream with a new update entry:

a1b

Mini update just to patch a few things up, real update coming soon™
  • Water no longer removes overheal (i forgor it existed when i wrote the code)
  • Water now heals up to 8hp per tick (from 4hp), and the amount healed is now double the previous tick, rather than +1 (old: 1 > 2 > 3 > 4, new: 1 >2 > 4 > 8)
  • Increased lightmap scale in a few places to reduce filesize
  • Fixed water in the back of the room with the 1st point being missing

Read the rest of this update entry...

fiend

Jun 7, 2020
fiend updated Lifestream with a new update entry:

a2

look at these patch notes, maybe I should apply for valve as a patch note writer...

GENERAL
  • Triggers for both cap points are now much bigger
  • Fixed a bug with the water healing script that allowed players to straddle the water's surface to rapidly heal in increments of 1hp. Now please stand completely still in the water and allow a sniper to line up a headshot (you don't need to stand still to heal its just a joke)
  • Spawn timers have been adjusted to not be defaults, now its 4...

Read the rest of this update entry...