larur

ARENA larur a11

Malachite Man

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 16, 2015
Malachite Man submitted a new resource:

larur - Def not a Hidden Remake

Def not a remake of an already existing map of mine ahahaha nope nada zilch not at all

In all seriousness this is my return to mapping in Four years with my last on being e1m1mountainlab in 2020 and my first serious original one since 2017 since saibay

More Mature now, hope to finish this one
map takes place in backwater America

If anyone wants to help or collab with...

Read more about this resource...

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
Ay!!! Need to issue a correction, sky_highnoon_01 is not made by me. It's made by @TMP. Also in the thumbnail it's sky_creek_01 by @Fiddleford fsr...?

Malachite Man

Oct 16, 2015
Malachite Man updated larur with a new update entry:

The Sequel

Hello yall! Proud to finally release the a2 second version of larur! After testing on a1 a few problems became readily apparent and I thought I'd go into depth about what those changes entail. Come with me as I delve into insanity tryna explain some stuff.

Sightlines
First thing is simple: The big af sightline from spawn to spawn was heavily disliked and most people did not care for it. To remedy this I blocked off the window but kept it as a chicken wire mesh to you could...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Malachite Man

Oct 16, 2015

The Brightness Update

Hello again! Happy to announce larur_a3! This update seeks to smooth out the grievances people had with that last two versions. Namely: Lighting & People not using the Roofs. So let me take you on another lengthy dev diary!

Lighting
Most common feedback I've gotten so far on the map was the Lighting. It's always been admittingly too dark and I was apprehensive to change it for the longest time because it looked cool ass hell. But I concede it had to change. Teams could barely...

Malachite Man

Oct 16, 2015

Sludgefest

Hello! Another version of larur is out! This version brings minimal to no differences in the map is except now the logic has been switched out. From the faux 2CP Arena logic to temporary 2CP logic borrowed over from Byre. I do not believe this change will be permanent on the map but until I can figure out to make Faux 2CP logic with respawn mechanics work without the problems it generates It will remain this way. This update took longer...

Malachite Man

Oct 16, 2015

"The Fix"

Not too much to explain in this update. More health kits, Stairs replacing the prop jump to middle roof & a fix to a MASSIVE EXPLOIT on this map that allowed you to spawn in the middle of the map immediately before the game even started.

Not looking forward to the feedback page on a4

A6 gonna be a good one :)
Cya have a good one

Malachite Man

Oct 16, 2015

ALPHA 6 BABYYYYY

Hello Again! This is the brand spankin new update for larur! This time we have a whole host of new changes and finally fixes. I'm confident in saying that map is reaching a point gameplay wise that I am satifisified with! The curious case of this maps logic is almost cracked and the map is better than ever. The map's development lulled a bit around a5 but I think the momentum has finally started rolling again! I'll take you through the changes!

New Respawn Points
The Points now...

Malachite Man

Oct 16, 2015

Da A7

New Respawn Sound Cue
People Who Respawn Receive Uber
New Message that provides info on the gamemode
Made points lock on cap and removed their ability to cap
fixed pixel clip
=====================================================================
20240612235452_1.jpg

Do you like these changes? Let me know!

Malachite Man

Oct 16, 2015

MooMafia

Hello Everyone!
I'm gonna keep this dev diary short because I am eating breakfast. But long story short. New Version of Larur! Adding in 2 new Features! Let me walk you through em!

Points Locked until X amount of players is killed:
Pretty Simple. A Problem that occurred is that people bum rushed the points but this defeated the point of the respawn mechanic because no-one had died yet. To prevent this I have added a counter that counts the number of Player deaths and works...

Malachite Man

Oct 16, 2015

Cranking Dat Update Out

Pushed Up the Anti-Stalling Timer (Triggers after 2 minutes instead of 3)
Changed Up Respawn points on A Point
Clipping & Skybox brush changes
Change 2 textures so make it more obvious

were nearing beta and the next version might be the last in alpha (?)
so please give me all your juicy feedback plz

Malachite Man

Oct 16, 2015

The Final Alpha

This be it
The Final version before Beta. Excited as all hell and also nervous
Can't wait for yall to see B1 :)

This version heals you if you happen to make it to the failstate and also it destroys buildings to engi's can't cheese it anymore

Thank you!

Malachite Man

Oct 16, 2015

The Final Final Alpha

Okay I lied a bit
I did a bit of Tomfoolery

The backlash in the last version has caused me to more or less revert some of the changes on the map:

- Points No Longer Lock
  • Points can be Recapped
  • Sudden Death Removed
  • Points now guarantee wins again
  • No More Text explaining map logic

The next version of the map is going to be Beta 1: So I say this now, If you got any feedback at all or what have you lmk now so I can account for it in Beta 1.

Thank You...