l4dmaps.net - What happened to it?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ThaiGrocer, Nov 28, 2010.

1. ThaiGrocer

ThaiGrocer L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    l4dmaps.net was really quiet for a long time, but I still really liked it for the tools that were made by the community. Don't go there now because there's nothing but a squatter ad there. Was anybody here an admin or owner of the site before it went down? I would like an archive of it or something that would allow me to look back.

In any case, Thanks! It was a great effort among many to create a community for L4D.

2. redcommunism

redcommunism L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    its l4dmaps.com not .net. the site is still up and running my friend.

3. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    no. l4dmaps.net was a sister site to tf2maps.net, ran by the same people. For whatever reasons, it didn't go anywhere and other sites did, so it was taken down.

4. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    It seems fine and Valve seems to like it as they pick custom campaigns from it every... so often.

EDIT: Oh i see now. Well i'd guess it probably got taken down because l4dmaps.com was more popular.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  5. lana

aa lana Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    We're talking about .net.

6. tovilovan

tovilovan L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Last time I checked (about a year ago) it was taken over by bots posting ads in every single thread. I used it a lot for my first ever L4D map though. Sadly it was my only one as well.

7. Terwonick

Terwonick L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Does anyone know if there is a similar CSS.net (or .com) site? if so, please link it here, I've been unsuccessful finding one.

8. Exist

Exist L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Fpsb

I don't ever remember CSS having a site dedicated to maps, as most just used FPSB

PS, Click the link at your own risk, FPSB is a known to be infected by viruses every so often.

• Thanks Thanks x 2