L4D2 Boycott Challenges Valve

Rasputin

L3: Member
Sep 20, 2008
I cannot take a kid seriously if he refuses to use logic and instead perpetuates his continuous insipid whining. If he were to just calmly and responsively make some basic inquiries to valve, at the very least Valve may consider him remotely worthy of response.

They are making a L4D2 because of the need to be able to get the extra content to the Xbox users who bought it. But, this is actually necessary. Instead of being elitist babies, try thinking of the thousands of people who bought the game and had to watch while Valve updated the pc version but not the Xbox version due to storage.

If this continues, I do hope Valve may budget the price of the either both versions, or Budget the price for those who already bought l4d on the pc version if only so I don't have to here about this again.

Grimes

L1: Registered
Jun 4, 2009
I can't wait to see a large portion of their membership being displayed as "In Game: L4D2."

I think the overall problem is that they expect every multilayer game from valve to be continually developed like TF2. They fail the realize the differences of how one would update both games. Not to mention how screwed over console players are for either game. Where's the TF2 xbox players at compared to us , I think they are pre-goldrush update? At least they got the big L4D update that came out. How much further can the 360 version be updated? Obviously they don't have custom map content, but at least they are getting the major stuff.

Personally I'll decide if I will "boycott" the game, when it comes out and I know all the facts surrounding it.

PMAvers

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 29, 2008
And now, a response from Valve, delivered by one "H.Guy."

crysomemore.png

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
while i think valve jumped the gun on the l4d2 release by a couple of years, i still dont understand why these kids feel entitled to anything more than they got at release of l4d.

when l4d was purchased, it was sold as is. the extras are just that. EXTRAS.

these generation of kids (and trust me, im 99% sure these are kids) dont know of the old console days where games were sold as is, and updates did not exist.

ChronoTriggerFan

L420: High Member
Feb 3, 2008
I can see why many people would not want to buy l4d2. the first game got boring after about a month, and lack of custom campaign support sped that up. However, it seems that they are not boycotting it, just demanding that they get it for free. People need to learn how to protest better :facepalm