koth king of the train

KotH koth king of the train a6a

SpyCrab!

L1: Registered
Dec 31, 2023
SpyCrab! updated koth king of the train with a new update entry:

a1b

when the server tried to load the a1a version of the map the server crashed im hoping that this recompile has fixed that. If anyone loads the map on there machine please let me know (im itching for more data, lol)

changes:
redid the water brushes to be a bit more simple
/
removed most of the env_cubemap(s) [there is now only one in the map ill add more when later on]
/
redid out of bounds brush work near point [the coal gondolas on each side of the point where sticking through a brush i...

Read the rest of this update entry...

SpyCrab!

Dec 31, 2023
Well howdy, a1b got play tested and these points of data make a beautiful line…slight to hell, lol.

I've not actually had a chance to analyze the demo yet so this is just based on the comments
(I really have no time: this is your brain on an electrical engineering degree. I'm on Calc 1 of 5. And already I'm Engi-Nearing My Fucking Limit (that's lim (as SpyCrab! → burnout)) OK I'll stop with the math jokes)
But from the comments I already have some ideas for changes that need to happen.

This is not a change log it is a todo list [all left/right directions assume you are looking at the point from the direction of spawn]:
General:
  1. I'm going to change most of the ceiling heights To 192 HU (thanks UEAKcrash for that advice)
  2. I'll change the death cam looking at spawn
  3. All the Light props will get clipping turned off
  4. Will try to replace some of the light entities with light_spot and Some of the lighting may get tuned down (but this will probably not happen till later [if it bugs more people i'll fix it sooner])
  5. Will change some of the floors/ceilings to non team dev textures
Point:
  1. Those 2 thicc pillars under the point are going to become 4+ much thinner pillars that better approximate trusses
  2. The entire point is going to be lower to the ground (probably)
  3. The ramps onto the point are going to be redone
  4. There's going to be a ramp down from the balcony to the point (from the building on the right side of the point) and probably and extra door to that balcony too
  5. Guard rails for the balconies
  6. The buildings a midships on the point will be replaced with a shed that better blocks sightlines and has pickups (and maybe a balcony)
  7. The exit from the sewer is going to be moved back to behind the point bridge (probably to where there is currently a cow and streetlight on the left side of the point)
  8. The center courtyard might be resized all together
  9. Add health to building right side of point upstairs & make health downstairs bigger
The big room(just before the point courtyard):
  1. The big room just before the point courtyard might get resized (I also might rearrange it to be more of a zig zag then a straight shot [so the exit form the big room and the sewer might be right next to each other and 90 deg from each other] still thinking about this tho)
  2. Going to replace that one box prop ‘staircase’ with a ramp
  3. In general this room should be shorter
  4. The hallway going to the building right of the point will become a straight shot instead of the zig zag abomination it is now (sorry about that, made more since when i built it)
Spawn:
  1. The area that's currently a cow pasture will get turned into the new entrance to the sewer (still thinking about the best way to do that: like a ramp of a building where the sewer entrance is the basement) Obviously the sewer will be completely reworked including a two level 90 deg ramp on the exit.
  2. The bridge and area in front of spawn will be shortened. Actually since the sewer moved the bridge serves no purpose and will probably be removed.
  3. The piece of cover on the upstairs spawn room door will get extended from floor to ceiling
  4. Remove some of the lights from spawns (up stairs area)

A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO LEFT ME COMMENTS ON THE PLAY TEST DATA FOR THE DATA GODS : )

a2 coming soonish

SpyCrab!

Dec 31, 2023

A2

A2 change log:
one known issue: the overlay on the medkit under the point is not right, this has already been fixed on the VMF file(i just didn't recompile for that)
All light props are now no collision.
Added some spotlights on the point & in the courtyard at spawn.
Completely re-did the sewer (none of the OG remains)
All out of bounds areas are now a gray dev textures instead of the multi-colored one.
Courtyard at spawn has been shortened.
The piece of cover on the upstairs spawn...

SpyCrab!

Dec 31, 2023

King Of the Train A3

King of the train A3 change log:

1. Point bridge lowered
  2. Both Ramps onto point reworked (including more cover)
  3. Turned ground around point into displacement
  4. Added new ramp onto point
  5. Added water under point
  6. Added lights to side of point
  7. Reworked spawn courtyard
  8. Added cover/sighline-blocker to balcony over point
  9. Added bullet block so you can no longer shoot from spawn to point
  10. Added clipping to door trim on the exit from tunnel to point courtyard
  11. Added...

SpyCrab!

Dec 31, 2023

SpyCrab!

Dec 31, 2023

A4

Change log kott a4:
Removed the drop down at spawn.
Removed bullet blocker at upper spawn exit.
Moved pickups out from behind tanks in the well lit room.
Moved around bullet block on the balcony.
Resize room & pickup (now a small med kit and full ammo) in house next to point.
Removed ‘Hoop’ above point.
Fixed clipping on room above point.
Added spotlights to center building in point courtyard.
Added spotlight to point.
Added balconies to rooms over point.
Added plank across point.
Changed...

SpyCrab!

Dec 31, 2023

SpyCrab!

Dec 31, 2023
where is the train
there 2 of them on the point, lol

but that dose remind me i need to update the images on here (they are a couple revs old)

SpyCrab!

Dec 31, 2023

A6

KOTT A6 change log:
Raised spawn roof.
Redid spawn points
Removed fences around upper supply cabinet
& replaced spawn room fence with wall
Redid point (most of it) [adding more room]
Removed the door in point building
Added a covered platform in the point courtyard
Redid balcony lighting
Moved window in point building
Moved light props in the big room (the one with the ungodly amount of lights) to be attached to the ceiling.
Added more cubemaps
Redid the lighting in building next to point...