ARENA Ixem [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Wow, your file size is huge! I suggest repacking your map. It will greatly reduce your file size, which speeds up downloading, which allows people to try out your map faster.

Also, I just ran around in your map a bit. It's shaping up to be an awesome map!

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
Got to say, it looks pretty nice. You might have a ramp to that cap in the back, people don't like to jump on stuff.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Ok, like a lot of people are telling me that i must back to the old version of Ixem... i will let here an image with the actual Ixem, the old Ixem and other version i thinked, just tell me what i should do...

And please dont tell me that must be my decision, i just want your opinions...

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
I think that mirror symmetry with the two points in the middle (like A) would be cool because that lets you make a different layout for each one - B and C would just have the same layout for both points, but rotated or flipped. To help fill in the area around the bottom point of A, maybe there are some parts of the old Ixem that you could repurpose for the new version. Or, you could look at cp_standin for an example of a mirror symmetry map with multiple control points in the middle.

I dinne ken

Has currently had enough
aa
Apr 16, 2016
How about (dare I say it) to make it a two stage arena map? Perhaps once the first stage plays out the losing side would have a disadvantage in the next stage.

It would allow you to keep 2 of the 3 designs but all under one roof (one file).

RataDeOrdenador

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 12, 2015
If I had to choose,I would keep the old version (aka B)

Or,like killo said,you could get the A design,and instead of turning it into an "arena",maybe transform into a Domination map (I think that's how it's called?),just like Standin. Where one team has to capture BOTH CP to win. I like that idea.

Or remove the CP at the bottom and leave the one inside the building,and turn it into a good-old KoTH?

I'm more with the "Standin" idea IMO.

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
Like killohurtz said, I actually really like the concept of a mirrored-symmetrical arena map. I've actually been working on prototypes for an arena map doing the same thing for maybe a week or two. I'd like to see how people do the same. It's certainly unique and cool to experiment with.

dryerlint

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 28, 2016
The map is pretty fun!

Personally, I would reduce some of the sightlines. And add some height variation, like stairs and ramps.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
This download has been removed and is no longer available for download.

Status
Not open for further replies.