Invisible Model problem

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by bunivasal, Aug 28, 2010.

1. bunivasal

bunivasal L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'm trying to build a CTF map featuring a truck stuffed full of intel briefcases. I used a playerclip brush to prevent people getting caught on the truck's geometry, then filled the bed with prop_static briefcases.

The briefcases, however, don't load when I run the map, and it warns me that they can't be prop_static or prop_detail. Apparently it has to be $staticprop but I don't know what that is and the Valve Dev wiki doesn't offer any clues.

Additionally, I want to add a vending machine with a small halloween health kit in front of it... but I don't know how to do that either.

2. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    The briefcases have to be made prop_dynamic because the model wasn't compiled with the $staticprop parameter.
    The better way though would be to use models/props_spytech/suitcase.mdl because it can be a static prop, and it's higher res. It was basically made for using as decoration, the only thing is it has no neutral skin.

Health kits have a model parameter. Browse to the halloween model you want and that's it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. bunivasal

bunivasal L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Is there any way to permanently group several objects together, so that once I've constructed the truck/intel pile/cap zone I won't have to redo it every time I want to move the truck to a new location?

Or would I have to make it a prefab?

4. Penguin

aa Penguin Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome

Positive Ratings:
    select them all, right click GROUP.

5. Boylee

aa Boylee pew pew pew

Positive Ratings:
    Ctrl+G = group.

you have to make sure the selection mode (top right) isn't set to 'solids' for grouping stuff to work.