Indaclash

PL Indaclash A3

chrisamundo

L2: Junior Member
Apr 2, 2018
Indaclash - Nice, industrial-indoor themed payload map. This one actually has time and effort put into it.

A fairly simple payload map. This map actually has time and effort put into it, unlike my other failures. I've taken the time to understand these problems and am having a go at my "first" map. Now it's time to get feedback and improve!

Billo

aa
Feb 8, 2016
judging by the sceenshots , the map has some really small hallways where the cart passes, something like goldrush on the second stage.
Very few people actually like something like that and I suggest making them bigger.

seanji

L1: Registered
Jan 13, 2019
To elaborate on what Basil said, you should almost always be designing your map to encourage objective play. Tight corridors only really attract choke classes like Demomen or Pyros, meanwhile the rest of the team will be all over the place. You should also be designing to encourage teamwork, terrain should vary, especially around objectives, to accommodate every class.

chrisamundo

Apr 2, 2018
To elaborate on what Basil said, you should almost always be designing your map to encourage objective play. Tight corridors only really attract choke classes like Demomen or Pyros, meanwhile the rest of the team will be all over the place. You should also be designing to encourage teamwork, terrain should vary, especially around objectives, to accommodate every class.
Hmm... I’ll definitely make a quick A2 for that area once I get around to it, but these screenshots don’t cover nearly the whole map. There may be a few factors around the area such as the flank above it where an engi can place a sentry (I’ll add some health & ammo there) to deny their closest spawn exit. This isn’t an excuse to not rework that area, it’s me wanting to get you to take a full look and download the map (if you haven’t. You have, though, haven’t you). Now is a good time to mention that A1 isn’t as completed as I wanted it to be, I just really needed feedback (Which you just gave, thank you!).

chrisamundo

Apr 2, 2018
After a week of working on this, I've done too much. The changes are:

POINT A

>Removed the roof overtop point A.
>Left a path from blu top spawn exit to the flank door.
>Left the pillars to help with cover during combat.

>Changed the flank door to lock at setup start and unlock .
>This is to give red a longer path to the front lines.

>Added a new path in the flank that leads to the tunnel.

>Speaking of the tunnel, it's no longer a tunnel but now a room.

>Point A has been moved to the tunnel.

POINT B

>Added doors in the point B windows that are open until point B is capped.

>Moved the health pack that was under the blu flank door next to the point C room.

>Removed the cover next to that.

>Opened a wide sector next to point B giving a nice angle into point A.

POINT C

>Raised the roof WAY higher.

>Added a sniper perch for RED leading from their spawn.
>I know that a path straight from spawn seems like too much, but there
is a bit too much advantage for blu.

POINT D

>Added glass into the tunnel from red spawn.
>This is to help newcomers learn the layout of the map.

>Added a new path from red spawn with some glass cover.

>Removed the health and ammo packs.

OTHER

>Added many, MANY signs.
>Flank room
>Added a sign saying no red people to the flank door. (Sounds vague,
but you'll notice it.)
>Added police tape under the sign.
>Added signs pointing to the cap points which are team coloured so teams know where to go.
>General sign changes.

>Changed a few panels in the flank room to be blue coloured.

>Many bug fixes

Maybe some other stuff that I can't remember. Enjoy my crap map!

Read the rest of this update entry...